Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Steering Wheel vibration

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 09:01 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Steering Wheel vibration

ORIGINAL: auditech79

ORIGINAL: cary12

I was having the same problem. Went to the stealership and they told me the same exact thing!! I had brand new tires and they told me that I had two bent rims. I found this to be the "We have no f'ing idea what is wrong with the car and we don't want to try to find out what is wrong with it..." I have found that Audi techs have no idea what they are doing when it comes to our cars. Not one of my symptoms has been diagnosed by an Audi tech. Instead, they have been found and fixed by private shops. I had a whole new set of wheels put on the car and I'm still experiencing vibration problems. I'm working on the wording to send them and tell them that they owe me for the wheels and the $250 they charged me to balance them and not even fix them. I suggest going to a good independent shop. They care more about the business and keeping their customers. Audi sucks when it comes to helping drivers and customers out. If I ever go to another vehicle, it will be due to Audis customer service and crap techs. (Not all techs but 95% of them)

Sadly your right. When i go to new model training in southern california every few months i get to see audi techs from all over the country and most of them seem pretty stupid. Hopefully that will change soon with all the audi academy graduates coming into the field.
However technicians will hardly ever help you with wheel vibrations because audi won't pay us to diagnose them, only the customer can and that really isn't that much, so your really wasting your time taking your car to the dealer for a vibration issue. That goes for me too, i can diagnose a bent wheel or seperated tire like few people can, but if you think im gonna spend an hour working on your car thats only gonna pay me 15 minutes you got another thing coming. Take it to a good tire shop because those dumb asses are paid hourly, so they could care less.
It's just sad that Audi has gone so down hill with their customer service. If anyone to trust with an Audi, it should be the dealer and the techs that work there. If the techs can't get paid to do a job and Audi can't diagnose a problem, then they should go to another car manufacturer. Audi has by far the worst service that I have ever experienced. It would be nice if the BBB could do something but the government makes so much money on car sales that it's totally worthless. It's a complete monopoly and no one can do anything about it. The dealer is like the mafia of the biz and it's sad. I love my car but can't say that I will own one when I'm done with it. Probably go back to Volvo which is by far the best built and most reliable vehicle that I have ever owned. Their customer service is awesome and the S60R is pretty hard to beat. Why not go with quality and speed at the same time. I owned a Volvo for 2 years and have no idea why I traded it in. I think I'm just too restless when it comes to cars...

Old 09-13-2007, 09:08 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Steering Wheel vibration

im a tech at ahonda dealer,when ever theres a vibration in the steering wheel,its always because the wheel needs balancing or the rotors are warped

Old 08-24-2013, 05:27 PM
1st Gear

at 70K, had new set of Michelin tires installed on 2006 A4. Front end is vibrating at 60 MPH. Had it rebalanced again, slightly better now but still vibrating.
Had a similar issue with another car a few yrs ago (can't recall which car) but local shop fixed it by tightening the lug nuts carefully by hand - NOT AIR GUN plus they said it has to be a the proper torque.
- hope this approach will work again on my new issue w/ the A4