Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock springs for 2000 A6 Quattro?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2005, 04:48 PM
1st Gear
Default Stock springs for 2000 A6 Quattro?

Hi,

New to the forum, but not a new owner. We've had our 2000 A6 Quattro 2.8L V6 for a couple
of years. Really love the car; the all wheel drive is really nice up here in the Sierra Nevada
mountains, especially when the snow flies.

We recently had it into the dealer to take care of some recalls and to check on and repair a
transmission leak. Leaks, actually, as two seals were bad; right front axel and rear drive
impeller shaft. Fortunately, we have a good extended service policy and the seals were
covered.

While we were picking up the car after the repairs, I noticed that ours seemd lower to the
ground than a similar year A6 parked near by. I asked the service manager about it and he
said "Yeah, yours has been lowered". I had no idea, since I'd never parked it next to another
A6. It's at least two inches lower than stock, maybe more. We don't like it that low, especially
when driving in snow, but didn't know better, since we didn't know it had been lowered.

My question: where does one get stock springs, other than the dealer? We really like to get it
put back to normal ride height. The dealer gets about $300 for springs. I noticed that there are
lots of lowering springs for sale on ebay, but I've yet to find stock springs for sale there. Surely,
with all those lowering springs being sold, there must be a source for the stock springs that were
replaced. Does anyone on this forum know of such a source?

Thanks.

-Keith