Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

suspension

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 09:17 PM
Default suspension

ok i finally got my rims on and they look nice but i got the 4x4 look going on. now i know that theres a few companys that make springs and coilovers but im focusing on springs. i love the factory ride quality of my a6 but i need to lower it. is there any one running springs with out lowered shocks/struts that still have good ride quality. i been told to go with eibach but i remember them on a honda i had and i ditched them cause they were to bouncey. i only want to go a inch or what ever it takes to fill the wheel well up a little bit. thank in advance.

Old 07-13-2009, 09:07 PM

anybody?

Old 07-13-2009, 10:06 PM
2nd Gear

Hey
first of, how about some pics!
for a one inch drop, look for sport springs, Eibach will go about 1.2-1.4" but I would just not do springs only especially on a 4000lbs car like ours. It'll ruin your shocks faster and give you a bouncier ride. Your shocks are not made to run with lowering stiffer springs.
I did it anf just ended up spending, no wasting money on labor a second time to add shocks, so save yourself time and $ long term, do both and you'll enjoy abetter more compliant ride IMO.
Eibach are definitely not as low and their spring rate not as aggressive as the H&R sports.
So get Eibachs with some Billstein or Koni shocks.

Old 07-13-2009, 10:17 PM

thank you i appreciate the response. i dont know how to post the picks but i could email them to you if you can post them.

Old 07-14-2009, 12:34 PM
3rd Gear

Listen to gigi and invest in a set of good springs and shocks. The reason that your honda was bouncy probably was because of the fact that the stock shocks were not capable of modulating higher rate springs. With that said, I have heard good things about Eibach and Koni FSD combos. I am personally considering this set up. Based on my research, FSD is the most forgiving out of Koni Yellows and Bilstein HDs. Also Eibach is less stiffer than H&R.

But once again, it all depends on your driving style. My consideration is based on having a little fun around the corner without sacrificing too much of the ride quality.

Old 07-14-2009, 12:47 PM
2nd Gear

Hxgaser
I actually have that set up now, FSD/Eibach
I ahve had
1- Stock Sport suspension
2- Stock Shock/H&R Sport (Bouncy, bottomed out, just not right and the shocks suffer quickly)
3- Koni Yellows/H&R Sport: Real low and hard, less bouncy but harsher ride, handled better on smooth surfaces, not so well on rough/uneven pavement. Looked good but rode too harsh and wifey/kids comnplained all the time. sold the setup to a fellow Audizine member who did not mind. it is all about your expectations/goals/needs...
4- Curent: FSD/Eibach springs: much more compliant ride, not quite as low, but low enough (maybe .3" higher). smoother other bumps, leans more in turn but flattens/becomes harder in hard long sweepers. FSD is progressive. It rides closer to stock set up in quality while being lower for looks and center of gravity and improving handling some.
BIsstein would be in between Yellows and FSD
I would rate from softer to harder or higher to lower:
Sport OEM/ FSD/Billstein/Yellows (Shocks)
Eibach/H&R Soprt/H&R Race (springs)

Most people dont need coiloevrs on teir A6, waste of $$ in my opinion unless you'll track the car or get into aggresssive week-end driving
Just my opinion

Old 07-14-2009, 03:39 PM

not going for race just a better look with a little better handling

Old 07-14-2009, 08:54 PM
2nd Gear

then go with FSD and eibachif you're on a budget find used sport shocks and hget eibachs