Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Switching amps,

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 03:51 PM
1st Gear
Default Switching amps,

my friend wants to sell me a 400 wat pioneer amp, with a 5k capcitor or wutever its called, should i switch my amp for that?, whats the specs on the factory amp,or bose amp?

and is it true there is a hiddin equalizer and theres a squence of buttons u have to press to get it?

Old 02-07-2008, 08:25 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Switching amps,

?

Old 02-09-2008, 02:06 PM
1st Gear

?

Old 02-15-2008, 03:42 PM
1st Gear

anyone know?

Old 02-15-2008, 09:08 PM
1st Gear

I suppose you could but its not going to be an easy swap out. Unless you know exactly what you are doing you will need to pay somebody to do the work and then you will be in to a bunch of cash. I used to install a lot of aftermarket systems but decided leave the Audi system in place for two reasons. First it sounds good enough to just leave it alone, the return on investment would be fairly low. Second I like the look of the factory system and decided that I would have to spend outrageous amounts of money to get something in there that would look good. In my mind if you are going to change something in the system I would start with upgrading the speakers first and then if you still don't like the sound start looking in to more power. At the end of the day I always put at least a third of my money in to the speakers - if you have lousy speakers it wont matter how much power in the amps or sophistication in the head unit / sound processing its still going to sound bad.

Just my 2 cents

Old 02-20-2008, 03:23 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: ddunham

I suppose you could but its not going to be an easy swap out. Unless you know exactly what you are doing you will need to pay somebody to do the work and then you will be in to a bunch of cash. I used to install a lot of aftermarket systems but decided leave the Audi system in place for two reasons. First it sounds good enough to just leave it alone, the return on investment would be fairly low. Second I like the look of the factory system and decided that I would have to spend outrageous amounts of money to get something in there that would look good. In my mind if you are going to change something in the system I would start with upgrading the speakers first and then if you still don't like the sound start looking in to more power. At the end of the day I always put at least a third of my money in to the speakers - if you have lousy speakers it wont matter how much power in the amps or sophistication in the head unit / sound processing its still going to sound bad.

Just my 2 cents
THANKS

Old 02-20-2008, 08:19 PM
2nd Gear

I completely re-did my whole system... wasn't that hard

i put the pioneer avic-d3 nav unit in with a fiberglass piece i made and painted black just like my old radio so it doesnt look like some shitty dash kit ... 1800 wat mtx amp which i tapped speaker lines before the factor bose amp ... if you put in an aftermarket head unit your bose speakers are going to sound liek crap so i had to replace all of the speakers ... o and also i took the "hat rack" as audi calls it and dynomatteed the whole thing (it was a bitch to get out but it was where i mounted my new amp) ill get some pics to you in a PM ... there are other threads about this search at the bottom of teh page your question was answered in them ... i think by me lol

Old 05-12-2008, 10:19 PM
1st Gear

Thanks your system sounds great