Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TCM got wet!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 11:42 AM
1st Gear
Default TCM got wet!!

Hey guys,

I posted another thread about this issue and I appreciate all the help I've gotten thus far. As stated in the title my tcm got wet and i did what was recommended by all i.e. dry out the tcm and clean the connectors and harness as best as much as possible with contact/electrical cleaner.

After all was said and done the car started shifting again but not the same way any more. It has some serious delay in pickup until i get to about 40 mph or so. The individual gears don't light up (its red across the gear panel) and the tiptronic function doesn't work.

My question is; is the car in limp mode and do i need to reset any codes through the dealership? or do i just need to try to clean the pins out better?

I bought a new harness piece ( mainly because it was cheaper than buying new tcm plus corrosion was worse on inside of connector side more so than on pins from tcm) and I thought of splicing the new harness on to see if that fixes it before getting a new/used tcm.

any suggestions??? should i first see what codes pop up at the dealer or what? any help would be appreciated.

thanks in advance!
2000 a6 4.2