Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Timing Belt Kits? HELP!

Old 11-16-2007, 09:46 AM
Default Timing Belt Kits? HELP!

I'm going to be getting the timing belt and water pump replaced on my '01 2.7T and the place gave me four different kits to pick from. One of which is the factory replacement but it is twice as much as all of the other kits. I was hoping someone could give me some advice on what to do here. I don’t know a whole lot about the kits so any guidance would be appreciated. The mechanic suggested the "Shokan" kit. He said its a cheap but good kit and he puts them on his Audi's.

The four Kits he game me to pick from are: Shokan, Auto part international, Fisher, and the Factory Audi replacement kit.

Let me know if any other info is needed to help with the advice!
!

Old 11-16-2007, 11:57 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Timing Belt Kits? HELP!

Go to ECStuning.com they will have what you need at a good price.

Old 11-16-2007, 12:06 PM

depends on price but OEM is best and the amount of teeth is a joke 152/153 as your other post states ( there are 2 types and they are rounded and squared teeth ) the tensioner has nothing to do with the extra tooth lol get the latest tensioner and belt and they are made by gates and nothing else will equal them

Old 11-17-2007, 02:21 PM
2nd Gear

ecstuning kit is what I put in mine 2 months ago for the 70k service

Search this Thread