Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transmission fluid issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2013, 02:45 AM
1st Gear
Default Transmission fluid issue

I've had a leak of tranny fluid in the past and had to replace the transmission cooler lines. We'll since its leaking again that was obviously not the issue because I have a passenger side axle that's no good and it not only pops all the time but with further inspection I can slide that rod back and forth. Now I know there's a seal inside where the right side axle goes into and I'm wondering if this is a problem that anyone has faced in the past or recently. The fluid seems to leak from the seal and make its way down to the cooler lines making the garage replace those even tho I bet they were in good shape.

Old 07-28-2013, 11:25 PM
1st Gear

Whatever is leaking tranny fluid it's getting on the exaust pipe flange and than leaking onto those cooler lines. Trying to get a few answers since I'm not a car mechanic. It' seems if its the transmission axle gasket it would make sense since that's the highest point carrying fluid and the pass side axle is no good.

Old 07-29-2013, 07:07 AM
2nd Gear

You could have a torn boot on your axle allowing a lot of the grease to come out and go everywhere. Try to run your hand around the rubber there to see if there are any cracks or tears.