Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tried the DIS fix

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 05:57 PM
1st Gear
Default tried the DIS fix

I reference this link to take gauses a apart.
http://www.audiworld.com/tech/int43.shtml

you also need to take off the rear cover it's only holding by 2 nails.

then behind that there is 4 metal nails that holding the DIS

you need to pull that out.

since I do'nt have right solder for this, I was able to tear a part, and put back together.
display still missin some dots..

Old 10-06-2007, 09:42 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: tried the DIS fix

wel I stuck piece of paper ther instead of the rubber sheet. but I got the where MPG show up showing without dots missing. where indicator for the shift and above portion remain same as before. missing few dots.
so I'm gonna find the good sheet of rubber and try it.

and found that what the guy did finally again thrkugh searching.
vbmenu_register("postmenu_277823", true); name FlyingBy in adui-sport.net. he wrote:
"What happens is the lcd display glass has a thin ribbon cable on its right hand side that powers the display, the bonding/glueing on this ribbon cable comes loose, doesn't make proper contact thats why the lines come and go.
Over the top of the display is a metal cover plate held on by 4 legs bent on the back of the pc board. Straighten these, and it comes off. WORK GENTLY!!!
Then you can remove the lcd glass. Be careful, don't loose the 2 pieces of plastic behind the lcd glass. IT WILL NOT WORK WITHOUT BOTH OF THESE.
Then, either take the lcd panel to a good electronic company to re-bond the ribbon cable for you, or find a place that makes and sells lcd displays.
Don't worry about the codes either, so long as you disconnect the cluster with the ignition off, once you plug it back, everything will work fine.

I did mine myself, just added 2 extra strips of thin rubber strip behind the lcd on either side, and made the metal cover press down slightly harder on the ribbon cable so it makes better contact, and it works perfectly. All in all, an hour or so's work."
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthr...;highlight=lcd the link for that.

I'll do this again and take a pics of step by step. hopefully next week.

Old 10-07-2007, 11:41 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: tried the DIS fix

ok just to update, It looks like I have to take apart again and take the LCD to electric shop and have them reglue.