Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tried to perform a tba(throttle body alignment)

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 01:09 AM
1st Gear
Default tried to perform a tba(throttle body alignment)

i recently just bought an 99 audi a6 for a cheap price and thought i could fix what was wrong with it. i thought it might be something simple so i got it hoping for the best and plus i really wanted a car like this .

anyways when i first got this car the engine sounded good and he told me he just had the trans rebuilt. so, i was thinking that i was in pretty good shape of buying this car.

The problem is that the car has no go, as in that you will step on the gas and it will not kick down. i thought that it might be the fuel filter since it has been sitting for a couple of years. i change the fuel filter and the battery because the battery was bad anyways.

when i change the battery i guess that set off the throttle body, since i read that that happens a lot when you change the battery. i also just got a vag-com since they are very much recommended. but when i was performing the tba (using my vag-com)instead of getting a ADP RUN in the top-right corner after i went threw the tba steps given by the ross-tech website i got a error. does anyone know how i can get this error to an ADP RUN.

any help is greatly appreciated, thanks for the help

Last edited by ejap3000; 12-29-2010 at 02:41 AM.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:50 PM
1st Gear

i found out what was wrong a while back but i just now wanted to give others help if they needed it...
d
i replaced the throttle body that i bought from ebay for about 220 dollars but that still didn't solve my problem. i looked at the fuel pressure and saw that i was getting sporatic fuel pressure so i thought the pump was bad too... while i was thinking that i ran a system scan with my vag-com and found out that my tcm (transmission control module) was not responding. i also notice that on my cluster panel it wasn't showing the PRND4321

So i found out that i needed a TCM, i got one at a junk yard for 100 and installed it. as soon as i did this my PRND4321 appeared and i drove off with all the power.

still need a fuel pump but that's another issue... hope this helps any one that needed it