Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trying to Hookup underbody Neon light kit or Led Kit with door / dome light

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 02:07 AM
1st Gear
Default Trying to Hookup underbody Neon light kit or Led Kit with door / dome light

I have a 2001 A6 2.7T

I'm trying to hookupa NEON UNDERBODY light kitor 8X Circle WHITE LED Car Underbody LED Light kit(http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/8X-Ci...spagenameZWDVW) with door / dome light so if I unlock ...the light turns on and goes

autooff when the door is closed

can I just run a wire from one of the red light on the door? whats the best approach?

Old 12-09-2007, 03:17 AM
SoCal Crew Member
Default RE: Trying to Hookup underbody Neon light kit or Led Kit with door / dome light

It's a little early for April fools, don't you think? Please reexamine this idea. There are much better ways to spend $3.99.

Old 12-09-2007, 02:51 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Trying to Hookup underbody Neon light kit or Led Kit with door / dome light

the underbody kit is around $100, the quetion remains if i should hoock up with the door light or not

Old 12-10-2007, 02:32 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: jasmix

I have a 2001 A6 2.7T

I'm trying to hookupa NEON UNDERBODY light kitor 8X Circle WHITE LED Car Underbody LED Light kit(http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/8X-Ci...spagenameZWDVW) with door / dome light so if I unlock ...the light turns on and goes

autooff when the door is closed

can I just run a wire from one of the red light on the door? whats the best approach?
Ok..one minute...are we still on the Audi Forums??? I, for once, thought I am Honda Civic forum. This is the worst idea of spending anything on cars like Audi... Audi USA should take impound your Audi for this one reason. Such a shame... to ruin the looks of German beauties..

Well, the other day I saw some "tecate" in a purple suit with red embroideryas well...so I will forgive you.

Old 12-10-2007, 04:16 AM
SoCal Crew Member

WTF????plaese tell me this is joke...i bet you can find a supra wing on ebay to.

Old 12-10-2007, 07:03 PM
1st Gear

OK! to be very honest I saw this on the new 3 series and it had led's on side mirrors and key hole so thats where the thought came from.

Old 12-10-2007, 08:00 PM
1st Gear

well are you putting leds in the keyhole and mirror... or are you putting them under the car.. im so confused?!?!?! lol

Old 12-10-2007, 08:31 PM
1st Gear

Yeah bro I agree, under body neon is so 5 years ago, and it's always been tacky, illegal while driving, and it it only looks good in green on black honda civics, but i suppose if your going to hijack some big rigs.... it would be ok

Old 12-11-2007, 09:33 PM
1st Gear

it will just be used when the door opens for extra light ( white ) thats it no cheap stuff

Old 12-11-2007, 11:06 PM
1st Gear

By cheap do you mean money?.. cuz the kit you posted was $4.. lol

I really am confused as to what you are trying to do.. is it going under the car, or under the mirrors like you said you saw on a 3 series??

Quick Reply: Trying to Hookup underbody Neon light kit or Led Kit with door / dome light