Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The ultimate stock airbox mod!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 09:07 PM
1st Gear
Default The ultimate stock airbox mod!!

Throw away all those other posts and do this.

http://www.audigeeks.com/forums/index.php?topic=19.0

Its on an A4 but same engine, we have the exact same setup.

holler at me if you guys do it I'll do it as soon as this hurricane is over.

Old 08-19-2008, 09:34 AM
2nd Gear

what happens when you go through a puddle and water shoots directly into the pipe lol ... is the guy on audigeeks running no filter?? i saw he took it out but didnt put it back in ... i think just a few simple holes at the bottom of the airbox is fine

Old 08-19-2008, 10:22 AM
1st Gear

i would assume the same thing that happens when water comes in from a big puddle with the stock air hose...it goes right out the drainage hole at the bottom of the box

Old 08-19-2008, 12:56 PM
2nd Gear

that's a 1.8t

Old 08-19-2008, 03:23 PM
1st Gear

lol doesnt matter what engine it is, its just to show people what a few other members have been talking about doing.
I'm going to do it this weekend.

Old 08-19-2008, 03:34 PM
1st Gear

i told my dad about this, and he made a very good point, if u look, the stock intake hose it at the top portion of the hood, this mod is at the bottom of the bumper...now like everyone asks, what if u hit a puddle, and like i said, i would assume it drains out the drainage hole, but the point my dad made is, bc ur adding that intake point on the front bumper down low, when u hit that puddle, thats a lot more water getting into the air box then would normally come in if u have a way of putting up top, and with new engines today, being as finiky as they are, that water can do some damage, so i would recommend try finding a way to have the intake rest at the top again, not down low, bc if u think about it, if u hit a puddle, ur gunna be getting 2x as much water in that air box with 2 intake hoses to it, might as well not make it 3 or 4x+ or more by having it on the bottom

Old 08-19-2008, 05:57 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Ligist
i told my dad about this, and he made a very good point, if u look, the stock intake hose it at the top portion of the hood, this mod is at the bottom of the bumper...now like everyone asks, what if u hit a puddle, and like i said, i would assume it drains out the drainage hole, but the point my dad made is, bc ur adding that intake point on the front bumper down low, when u hit that puddle, thats a lot more water getting into the air box then would normally come in if u have a way of putting up top, and with new engines today, being as finiky as they are, that water can do some damage, so i would recommend try finding a way to have the intake rest at the top again, not down low, bc if u think about it, if u hit a puddle, ur gunna be getting 2x as much water in that air box with 2 intake hoses to it, might as well not make it 3 or 4x+ or more by having it on the bottom
yeah, your dad makes a point, but I cant imagine water coming in from the bottom, making a 90 degree turn upwards, traveling upwards, only to make another 90 degree turn again, and past the airfilter, into the engine.... im just going by the look of the pic.... and traviling the route via the hose

Old 08-19-2008, 06:04 PM
1st Gear

idk about in that guys car, i couldnt really make out a lot in the pics he took, i mean, i know what it was of, but had a hard time visualizing it all as one thing, and he was talking more so for how it would be in my car, it wouldnt have those 90 degree turns and such, its pretty much a straight shot to the air box from the lower portion of the bumper, and the amount of suction inside the air box is enough to be able to take a glove off your hand, only problem is cars with MAF or something that functions like it, its hard to test that so u can see, bc once u disconnect the hose just before the MAF to test it, the car shuts off after about 3sec