Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vag-Com and a '01 A6 2.7T

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 03:58 PM
1st Gear
Default Vag-Com and a '01 A6 2.7T

Good afternoon, everyone:

Got a question for y'all.I have an '01A6 2.7T, as many of us do
I'm a little confused as to the VAG-COM modules that are available all over the internet (I realize that some of them aren't the genuine thing, but....). There's DUAL-K, HEX-USB, the 409.1 software, 311.2, and the 607.

If I did my homework right, a dual-K interface with 409.1 would be the one I would want to use for my car, as the others are overkill?.

Can anyone who has a setup tell me if I'm on the right track?

Many thanks!
-Red

Old 04-03-2007, 04:22 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Vag-Com and a '01 A6 2.7T

I bought my cable off ebay from this guy:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/USB-K...03587934QQrdZ1

I use the 3.11 software with it, I could use the 409 but just haven't bothered to upgrade since the 3.11 works fine for everything I want it to do. Installing it was easy with Windows XP, but was a little more involved with Vista as the supplied drivers do not work with Vista. (the cable drivers that is) If you are running Vista, you need to run the vag-com software in XP compatability mode or it will crash, at least in version 3.11 that is.

Jeff

Old 04-04-2007, 06:58 PM
1st Gear

Jeff - I just got the same cable from the same guy. I've not had any luck installing mine yet, but then, I haven't hooked it up to the car. I tried installing VAG COM on my desktop, just to make sure it could see the cable, and I kept getting "Interface Not Found" errors. Did you have any experience with this?

I'm wondering if that error will go away once I hook it up to the car. Thanks!

Old 04-06-2007, 04:03 AM

[quote]ORIGINAL: RedShoeRider

If I did my homework right, a dual-K interface with 409.1 would be the one I would want to use for my car, as the others are overkill?.

Can anyone who has a setup tell me if I'm on the right track?

I have 02 2.7t and i bought the DUAL-K, HEX-USB about 2 months ago and i download software version 607 from their site. I used it with my labtop to reset my service reminder light, and it works wonderfully. I would recommend you getting the original one from ross tech, it worth it. I wasted alot of money buying the cheap one from ebay and other OBD site, but only to find out that it was a waste of money.

Old 04-06-2007, 02:38 PM
3rd Gear

jwd2a if using XP or vista for that matter, have you tried all your avalible usb ports? I have three on my laptop and only one is set to use the cable. If using XP, I just installed the driver disc, restarted and plugged in the cable. In Vista, I had to get different drivers, if you email me I can email them to you. Jeffla at comcast.net Also in vista I had to set vag-com to run in XP SP2 compatibility mode.

I believe when you hook up the cable to the computer but not the car, it says interface not ready, but I am not for sure about that. If I hook up the cable to the wrong usb port it says interface not found I believe.

Best of luck,

Jeff

Old 04-06-2007, 03:43 PM
1st Gear

Thanks Jeff. I'm going to give it a shot this weekend with it actually hooked up to the car. Hopefully it works! I'd really love to program my wireless entry to work again!