Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VAG-COM Emergency!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 03:49 AM
1st Gear
Default VAG-COM Emergency!!!

Okay, I got my OBD2 cable came today. I went ahead and did the Central Locking mods, the engine "A4 Mod" and Transmission. I drove the car for a bit and when I'm stopping my RPM's are going below 500, sometimes to 300 and everything runs like crap, once I start moving, it's fine. I reverted back to default settings (Engine and Transmission) and it still does the same thing

My MAF (Mass Air Flow Sensor?) is bad so my RPM's were always a bit jumpy, but I wouldn't think it would make my RPM's go crazy like that, would it?

Old 12-31-2008, 05:09 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by JDw124
Okay, I got my OBD2 cable came today. I went ahead and did the Central Locking mods, the engine "A4 Mod" and Transmission. I drove the car for a bit and when I'm stopping my RPM's are going below 500, sometimes to 300 and everything runs like crap, once I start moving, it's fine. I reverted back to default settings (Engine and Transmission) and it still does the same thing

My MAF (Mass Air Flow Sensor?) is bad so my RPM's were always a bit jumpy, but I wouldn't think it would make my RPM's go crazy like that, would it?
A bad MAF could display those symptoms... I doubt that the VAG-COM mods would have anything to do with it. Although I have not personally done those VAG mods I have not heard of anyone experiencing anything like that.

Side Note: Did you notice a difference once you did the A4 and tranny re-codes? I am thinking about doing those myself.

Old 12-31-2008, 06:19 PM
1st Gear

when i recode my transmission to "sport' i always have the idle instable than with 02 default, the a4 engine recode is ok , but the trans it change few things that i don`t like. also u may start do some maintenance on your car , is something wrong, check for fault codes....

Old 12-31-2008, 06:56 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by krolls
Side Note: Did you notice a difference once you did the A4 and tranny re-codes? I am thinking about doing those myself.
I guess it did feel a wee-bit more responsive. Wasn't anything AMAZINGLY different, but, unless it was my head making me think things, I did feel a bit of a difference.

As for fault codes, besides the MAF, my car is as clean as can be. No fault codes, and bought off an old lady who bought the car new, =D.