Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Velocity RS4 Replica Rims

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 04:04 PM
Default RE: Velocity RS4 Replica Rims

I think you could get a set of harmans for $200 a wheel. Some of there stuff is more, but ACHTUNING.com usually has a pretty good deal going (right now).

Old 04-10-2008, 04:22 PM
2nd Gear

Sorry to hear, I feel bad as i remember you and i exchanging ideas on these wheels and i told you about Chinese made wheels.

I have always been told by professionals to stay away form wheels made in china for their poor finish quality but also their higher tendency to bend. Especially on cars liek ours, they're big and heavy.
That's why I went with HArtmann and pay about 1100/set (260/wheel+caps) + ~$100 shipping.

I had a GB going via GMP on Audizine b/c there was so muc interest whenI posted about mine but then only a few sets sold!
I think I might sell my DTMs and get their RS6 replicas. My DTMs have probably 1000 miles on them, wonder how much could get for them

Hartmann wheels are always made in Europe via one of the top 4 manufacturer including RH and Ronal.

I think ACHTUning just stopped their free shipping recently and sell their wheels so well that they hardly ever discount them. Sucks!
If you want a set, I can ask GMP if they could drop a few % but their GB is closed now and Hartmann gives their distributors little room to play with. The wheels are cheap in the first place and two they sell too well to discount But even 5 % is better than nothing.

Old 04-10-2008, 04:31 PM

Gigi, If you wanted to sell the wheels w/ tires to me for $400I would for sure buy them... Yeah right, but seriously if you consider selling please let me know.

Old 04-10-2008, 05:02 PM
2nd Gear

Everything is for sale... I am always open as I love change and was debating RS6 reps Vs DTMs when I bought...
but at the right price... $400, hummmm? what an offer! Let me think about it....

Old 04-10-2008, 05:03 PM
2nd Gear

nah! I'll pass!

Old 04-11-2008, 08:07 AM

Oh Man, I thought you would give them to me today for that offer On a serious note I would consider buying those DTM's. When you do decide to sell keep me in mind.

Old 04-11-2008, 11:29 AM
2nd Gear

PM me a offer (wheels only or tires too?), I could sell faster than anticipated.
trying to work a deal with a shop upon my return.

Old 04-11-2008, 12:10 PM
1st Gear

I have experienced flaking with Velocity's Replica wheels...on all four. ALSO...DO NOT GO THROUGH AUTO CAR WASH WITH THESE WHEELS!

Old 04-11-2008, 03:55 PM
3rd Gear

formulagigi - I made the decision to buy, knowing they were Chinese made and I was saving a few hundred. Caveat emptor.

I'm still very happy with the rims. The look great, especially when washed and waxed. The also appear to widen the car's stance a little bit because of the way they bow out from from the hub. I've never mounted an OEM rim and a Velocity on the same side, but the Velocities seem to move the tires out a little farther in the wheel wells.

Other than the one spot were paint flaked, I'm much happier with these rims than the SSRs that came with the car.

I should also note that they rims are only mounted during the summer and have never seen harsh winter driving or salt. In the summer, I hand wash the car. Hopefully that will preserve them longer.

Old 04-11-2008, 07:47 PM

I don't think I can afford them for a little while longer. I would love the set, but i just don't have money right now. If you can hold on to them for a while like till june (long way off), I would have the money... Its justhard right now because I have to do the timing belt and the suspension.

Quick Reply: Velocity RS4 Replica Rims