Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wanna get a chip

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 04:20 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: wanna get a chip

Thanks for the reply. I will get the chip.

Old 07-03-2008, 03:38 PM
1st Gear

Sweet I found a GIAC dealer in my area. Thanks

I'm gonna get a GIAC chip, but I have a 5 year warranty on my car. Doesn't this void the warranty?

Old 07-04-2008, 12:26 AM
2nd Gear

I absolutely disagree with Wammy on his statements (in addition to the fact he brings unecessary aggressiveness to this thread and pretty hard and unproven accusations on a business that has been good to many of us Audi enthusiasts): APR is NOT a waste of $$$ at all you will feel the difference, not just in torque either as he also said. The car withAPR 93oct although less agressive (easier on turbos though than GIAC IMO) will get you an extra ~70 hp and 120-130 extra lbs of TQ. GIAC is close in #s I think but feel stronger and more agressive. I think they have a newer prgranm that is sdtronger but is 1.2 or .3 bar vcs 1.0 bar for APR... but I think that is like murdering your turbos. VAST has a great rep for their product but also their customer service so consider them, especially if you can drive there. I think a big factor in the decision is which program your local dealer sells and supports... I would go with the software you can find locally in case you need support. I personally prefer APR but if you're all about power, then GIAC it is but they are more flexible for future upgrades (i.e. STge3).... if you're planning on staying stage 1 thru 2+, APR is just fine.
I have personally never had the GIAC tip chip but read muc about it and talked to board members here and on AZ mostly who had it and were extremely disappointed and even measured no real difference, edspecially in their 1/4 mile Et. I can say from experience and from talking others who have the VAST Stage 3 Tip Chip that it is a great product and you bcan actually feel the difference in many aspects and it is fairlyu cheap at about 350$. My tranny actually feels smoother and seems to strain less... Tal to Kurt there and ask abot the chnages they make and why it helps so much while not being as bad on the tranny as most would think... make your own opinion.

Old 07-04-2008, 01:21 PM
2nd Gear

"I absolutely disagree with Wammy on his statements (in addition to the fact he brings unecessary aggressiveness to this thread and pretty hard and unproven accusations on a business that has been good to many of us Audi enthusiasts)"

Watch out you are about to see the aggressiveness...You have only owned a APR chip so, how about you take all the crap you said uptop and through it out a window? Because you are going off NOTHING YOU KNOW... You are going off nothing close to a personal experiance. Dyno proven even on 93 octane with a stage1 apr chip 300HP.You have no clue what you are talking about. Other than the line where you talked about APR being completely worthless at stage3-/ stage3. Even the stage 2+ upgrade was the same as stage 1 LOL. I noticed ZERO difference with the flash from stage1 to stage 2+ (with ko4s on :X). If you want to listn to some kid who has a stage2 apr and wasted his moneyon full exhaust ect (4-5k)to get 20 Hp from stage 1 to stage 2+ GO FOR IT. Ohh less agressive my ***... I blew my turbos on APR program. Your turbos will go no matter what program you run or if you run zero programs. Gigi plz speak on situations you have exp'ed ohhh and weren't you the same kid that said no way I would get stage 3 in 6-8 months? When it happened in 1 month. Your a tool.

Old 07-04-2008, 03:06 PM
2nd Gear

gigi you can post on other stuff but you won't post on this again? Becuase you have no exp on ****

Old 07-04-2008, 03:07 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: wammy18
Watch out you are about to see the aggressiveness...You have only owned a APR chip so, how about you take all the crap you said uptop and through it out a window? Because you are going off NOTHING YOU KNOW... You are going off nothing close to a personal experiance. Dyno proven even on 93 octane with a stage1 apr chip 300HP.You have no clue what you are talking about. Other than the line where you talked about APR being completely worthless at stage3-/ stage3. Even the stage 2+ upgrade was the same as stage 1 LOL. I noticed ZERO difference with the flash from stage1 to stage 2+ (with ko4s on :X). If you want to listn to some kid who has a stage2 apr and wasted his moneyon full exhaust ect (4-5k)to get 20 Hp from stage 1 to stage 2+ GO FOR IT. Ohh less agressive my ***... I blew my turbos on APR program. Your turbos will go no matter what program you run or if you run zero programs. Gigi plz speak on situations you have exp'ed ohhh and weren't you the same kid that said no way I would get stage 3 in 6-8 months? When it happened in 1 month. Your a tool.
You are hilarious! You can only seem to reply to people in either a negative or aggressive manner. And thanks for calling me kid... what makes you think I am a kid... How old are you? I personally am 36, have 5 kids, have a high responsisbility/high payjob in a top firm and don't look or act or speak anything like a kid! I don't need to be aggressive on a forum or win an arguement... I am on the forums to learn more, meet new people and help others along the way which I do as often as possible. Others can vouch for this. But thanks for the compliment, I haven't been called a kid in forever!
Next HOW the HECK do you know what I have or had on my car or what I have experienced!!!! I don't know you, you don't know me, we hav enever met or had a conversation about my experiences... so talk about talking out your behind wihtout knowing! But it is ok, I am not mad, people like you just make me laugh and remind me why our society is down to whereit is.... I'll try to make a difference one day at a time to offset the actions/words of those like you...
So for your information, I HAVE driven a 2.7T with GIAC and raced one. As I said before on forums, and it is only my opinion, it is a strong file. It does feel stronger than APR and it is a well known company. Their latest files are super strong and maybe 1.2 or1.3 bars vs. the 1.0 of my APR so yes IMO they are harder on the car. namely the turbos. I am not the only to think that GIAC feels stronger an dis harder on turbos. A shop who used to sell both even admitted, one of their staff actually experienced both files on his S4 and spoke from experience. APR 91 oct is about 300hp and 93oct is 318 crank HP. They dynoed it, others did, I did not. And every car is different and yield different results to be honest... with APR or with GIAC or stock!
As for the Stg2+ file, you did not make a smart decision in getting the stg2+ upgrade.... I could have told you not to get it if you aksed! I am stage 2+ and ahve the original file, it is just fine and I guarantee you I CAN FEEL a REAL Significant difference with my car thanks o the APR file. But it is very smooth, driveable power which IMO is a strong selling point.
Oh by the way, what kids are you referring to that I am listening to who spend 4-5k on full exhaust and whatever to go stg1 to stg2+? Yuo lostme. I did nnot listen to anyone.... I was giving my opnion.
I am truly sorry you blew your turbos, that sucks but I am glad you are able to enjoy stage3 now. i am sure it is very rewarding. I was lucky enough to be in a stage 3 car (the old red APR S4) and it was an awesome exprience. That being said I don't think the APR file itself is the reason you blew them... I think even stock they would have gone even if a few 1000 miles later, and they would certainly still ahve blown with teh GIAC file. You can't just blame it on the APR file! It was meant to be... hapens to others with APR, with GIAC and even STOCK! Can'r say when they go, all go at different mileage. You actually say that yourself in the next sentence so... I think we agree.
Lastly, NO iwas not the kid who said you would not go stage 3 in 6-8 months! One I am not a kid unfortunately. Two I don't remember saying that, but I remember you, another Stg3- A6 owner and I disagreeing on some HP #s in the thread. How would I know whetehr you have the ability to pay or/and DYI a stage 3 mod... PLus I really dont care! But I am guessing it is a misundersanding.
wish you wel with your Stage3 A6, truly do and wish I could be stage3 too... I'll live through you.... but i still think you should adjust the tone in your posts to make them more meaningful and respectful to others.

Old 07-04-2008, 03:12 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: wammy18

gigi you can post on other stuff but you won't post on this again? Becuase you have no exp on ****
Oh yeah... just did You are really a funny little man. and yes I do have some experience, maybe less than others, maybe less than you, maybe different from yours.... but it is irrelevant, I can offer my opinion and post if I wish to do so, iti s afree world my friend and this is an open forum. I am certainly not gonna stop posting because someone like you said so! your last post is just hilarious... I ahd to re-read it again... to believe it. Sorry. At least I stay calm and collected.
BTW, can you post pics of your car. I would love to see it.... it is my goal.... stage3... if I keep my car. You have a great 4th of July week-end Wammy. Bless you and your family.

Old 07-04-2008, 03:26 PM
2nd Gear

hahah I like you gigi Sorry for the comments and the kid comments aswell... I will be morerespectfulto other audi owners aswell. Hopefully you can forgive me on thesituation.I am sorry for that once again. I am 20 and run a business so I doubt I am the reason society is going down as I proivde 127 jobs with an avg of $9.57 pay per hour. But anywho I don't think the APR chip blew my turbo at all, like I posted in the other thread you will blow your turbos with any program or with out a program. That is just the car we bought... I just think it really depends on the car being auto vs manual... I have heard of people with autos (which is me aswell) have ESP problems where the ESP just comes on and flashes... Which makes the turbos spool off and on really fast. This causes stress on the exhaust fan... When i was pulling out the ESP light came on and that is when the turbo exhaust fan snapped off. I promise I was only half throttling aswell... although the night before I was racing a supercharger 335 . I will agree def with chipping the car you will feel it. I just believe you feel it more from a stop (obviously because the torque ratio increase)... because I got the car chipped in the middle of a road trip and really didn't notice to to much of a difference (def little quicker). I smacked a lot of street cars around with my stage1 APR chip / bipipe. Thanks for the pervious help aswell before I didn't know much about my car. I just drive a LLLLLLLLLOT, around 700-1k miles aweek :-X and have been really really intrested in the car. Ohh if I had 5 kids no way would I go stage 3 hahah I mean I would just the risk of so many cost coming from the kids / cars / house. Def do it when stuff calms down we are only 200 pounds more than a s4

Old 07-04-2008, 03:29 PM
2nd Gear

Ohh the only reason I knew some of your exp. is because you said you have only used the APR chip on your car. I figured if you were stage2/stage2+ that incldues exhaust/piggies and other stuff for max performance. With running stage2+ (on rs4 ko4's) for 3k miles, I think i felt the exp that you would have felt. I just made a claim about something where you have exp and I have aswell. Obviously we don't feel the same way about that exp but just wait for stage3- or stage3 ... when you pull away you will just say WHAT THE ****.

Old 07-05-2008, 01:54 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Project

Sweet I found a GIAC dealer in my area. Thanks

I'm gonna get a GIAC chip, but I have a 5 year warranty on my car. Doesn't this void the warranty?

quoting myself to get an answer and get back on topic

found a GIAC chip dealer which I assume is one of the better chips, supposed to provide 80 hp and torque.

also, does it void warranty?

Quick Reply: wanna get a chip