Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Want to add some styling to my pre-facelift A6.

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 06:10 AM
1st Gear
Default Want to add some styling to my pre-facelift A6.

What's really out there? LLTek has an awesome "new audi style grill" front end conversion, but it only fits the factlift models.

I haven't seen any real nice looking grills other than the ottenger which runs for $300+.

So far I have 19" nice Privat wheels headed my way. Hopefully picking up the euro-spec trunk license plate frame with euro plates front and back. Are they easy to mount, in the front and the back? Anyone have a good website with the best prices for plates, I see websites with prices ranging for $20 to $50 bucks each plate.

I'm also interested in a drop. I've searched eBay and they have somebs-brand springs called Zenn that are supposed to have the same quality as Tenzo springs, they're about $120 for front & rear.

Only other things I could think of is some S6 mirrors caps, one of those good priced eBay truink lips, shaving trunk emblems off, and maybe some caliper painting. Also planning to do a DIY clear corner headlight.

What else do guys think to set if off a little bit more ofan agressive eurolook?

Old 04-03-2007, 12:10 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Want to add some styling to my pre-facelift A6.

LLtek does have a front RS look bumper for the preface lift but the OE foglights will not fit it, so of course you would need to purchase an entire kit from them (expensive). Kamei has a badgeless grill that I have used on my car. I like the look, plus I added the Audi logo.

As far as suspension, you will need to be extra careful, especially with 19" wheels. I have not dropped my car as of yet and I have 19" ADR's on my car. There are lots of skilled people here that expand on what I am telling you but I believe as far as dropping your car, I would go with H&R sport springs, Bilstein shocks and H-Sport sway bars. The handling of the car will be dramatically improved.

Be careful with your mirror caps too. Some are just covers which I have read do not fit very well. There are others that will replace the OE mirror. I have chatted with folks who said they work quite well.

Just my $.02, but hope it helps! Good Luck!

OOOO

[IMG]local://upfiles/13659/EFFF4AB0EC4649C6AA8742E079CAC91F.jpg[/IMG]