Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Warranty/dealer problem

Old 11-13-2007, 09:50 AM
1st Gear
Default Warranty/dealer problem

Please advise.
I am the owner of a 2005 A8l with 45000 miles. Purchased it over Ebay, and was told that the car was never involved in an accident. Carfax report confirmed it.

Dropped it off to dealer a couple of days ago with following problems:

1) sunroof goes back and forth...wont close
2) rear trunk wont close, have come back to car to find it open on 2 sep occasions
3) cigarette lighteroutlet has no juice
4) right front interior door handle broken(wont open door from inside)
5) MMI "CD" button sticks

Although I thought that all of these items would be covered under warranty, the dealer said that the door handle, MMI, and lighter were NOT covered. Although the dealer did not open upeither the MMI system cover orthe right door, the dealer said that the MMI button stuck because someone spilled something over it (though it said it couldnt see any residue, and I never spilled anything on it ever!), and stated that the inside door handle wasnt covered because it was probably due to a slipped spring or cable, and not a broken one. Further, it stated that the cigarette lighter was usedas an electrical source, so it wasnt covered either.

This sounds incredible. Any advice or insight on getting Audi to cover these repairs? This car is still under warranty, but I am looking at 3000 in repairs nonetheless .

Old 11-13-2007, 12:26 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Warranty/dealer problem

Ykes!!! Horrible experince at a Stealership again!!!! Sorry.
It is BS unless there is obvious evidence you abused the car. I would try another dealership or call Audi of America... but they're not always flexible. I got them to reimburse me a repair that should ahve been covered under warranty a few years back but it is like pulling teeth!

Old 11-13-2007, 04:43 PM
1st Gear

Most warrantysfor the most part only cover engine parts or parts that dont break as much,there out to save money and takes yours. Mydrivers side read window regulator is going up, they told me that the window motor was only covered,close to $500 to get fixed. I would say take it somewhere else and get a quote.

Old 11-13-2007, 06:19 PM
2nd Gear

My answer was basd no the assumption it was the AUDI manufacturer warranty? If so, then it should all be coevred.

Tha Abbot.... AUDI warranty will chnage the reghulator. They did for mine...

Old 11-14-2007, 11:07 AM
2nd Gear

My dealer informed me that anything from a stereo system/ amplifier, to power windows is covered under warranty as long as they know its not broken due to abuse or some 3rd party after market fitment that caused the orginal part to malfunction. Call Audi of USA on toll free no. that can be found on audiusa.com. Open a case ticket with them, and follow up. It won't cost you anything to contact them, at the most will probably save you some. The key is, get a mindset, that you are not gonna spend more than 20 bucks for all the problem. Don't give up...dealers save/make money on people those who give up. Cause, if they agree to getit fixed under warranty that means more paperwork, and lost labour and parts which they can earn, if they convince you that it is not covered under warranty. Good luck!

Old 11-14-2007, 11:26 AM
1st Gear

My buddy has an 04 A4 with 59kand he took it into our local dealership with one window switch acting up and the paint on the radio buttons fading and they replaced the entire radio and the window switch for now charge at all. He said they didnt even ask hassle him, they did it without any problems. I would try another dealershipif I were you, because that sounds like stuff that should be covered.

Old 11-14-2007, 11:34 AM
1st Gear

I called AudiUSA,the manufactory warranty ran out on my car because I have over 50K miles. I knew it ran out because the manufactory warranty information is in the owners manual.It didn't hurt to try.

Old 11-14-2007, 02:05 PM
2nd Gear

ah.. well that explains it! you should get a warranty if you're thinking of keeping the car

Old 11-14-2007, 02:15 PM

there are 52 cards in a pack and 2 jokers ( warranties have twice that ) read the small print

Old 11-14-2007, 02:54 PM
1st Gear

I have a warranty up to 100,000 miles, I have 61k miles right now.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Warranty/dealer problem