Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Water in passenger rear footwell 2001 a6

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 01:55 PM
1st Gear
Default Water in passenger rear footwell 2001 a6

Ok, been an audi owner for a long time now, and have never seen any thing like this. I have a 2001 a6 non turbo quat, and I have done extensive research on this and found many threads, but none that either answered my question totally or there were some that still left me scratching my head, so, here it goes :

I have water in my rear passenger footwell, ONLY when it rains... More water when it rains harder etc...

I have checked the drains under the battery and cleared them, problem still persisted

I have covered the cabin area of my car with tarp and water still got in...so I eliminated the sun roof drains, plus there's no staining on my head liner and no wetness there when it rains

FIRST .I am thinking that it may be a crack in an AC condenser pipe or something along these lines, I am just not sure where they Are located exactly...

SECOND. I have examined the cabin filter box and it seems to be ok....there is a little separation between the gasket on the BOTTOM of the box, where is actually connects with the car.... As far as I can tell the seal is supposed to be glued onto the box and the box in turn gets tightened onto the car with the 3 bolts so I would assume everything is ok. Also I have checked the filter after it rains and the box and filter seem dry...

I am looking for anyone that has had a similar issue, any help is GREATLY APPRICIATED

Old 05-01-2013, 11:42 AM
1st Gear

Have you inspected the weather seals around the rear passenger door?? Water may be getting past them and running into your car. It also may be a good idea to lift the carpet and see if just possibly there is a hole in the rear floor pan or a missing body plug.

Old 05-02-2013, 10:17 AM
1st Gear

I have checked the seals, and all seem to be functioning properly. Also I guess I was unaware there were plugs back there, but would my car have to be sitting in high standing water for water to be coming into the plugs??

I def. know I don't understand the flow of water through that car. But it would seem like for it to be a faulty plug It would have to be in standing water.

I am almost CERTAIN it is coming through the ac vent that is located under the passenger seat. Anyone else ever seen this before?

THANKS

Old 05-02-2013, 10:20 AM
1st Gear

Just trying to figure out where that vent gets its air from (under the hood somewhere?) as soon as I can figure that out I will be able to seal all the pipes under the hood.

Is there anywhere I can get a diagram of the vents and where the air flow comes from through the ac in a 2001 audi a6?

Old 05-02-2013, 10:53 AM
1st Gear

One posting I saw was to take out the glove box and pull back the rug a bit and stick your hand in there and see if it is wet.

Let me know.