Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well I did it, nene Fog Mod

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 08:06 AM
1st Gear
Default Well I did it, nene Fog Mod

Love it. I did it during the night with interior car lights runningthats how easy it wasfor me. My HIDS for them are arriving this week, should have pics by weeks end. Still need someone (NY, Westchester)to clear my corners!!!

Anyway if nene is still around....thanks man.

Old 03-31-2008, 09:25 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Well I did it, nene Fog Mod

i think there is a DIY for clear corners on audidiy.com... then again i think you just shove a screwdriver in there and break stuff so id be a little weary about doing that too lol ... let me know if you find someone that can do this id be willing to mail my lights to them hah

Old 03-31-2008, 10:26 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: joetm

i think there is a DIY for clear corners on audidiy.com... then again i think you just shove a screwdriver in there and break stuff so id be a little weary about doing that too lol ... let me know if you find someone that can do this id be willing to mail my lights to them hah
Yeah I'm a little iffy about this. Rear taillights. I have no problem taking apart. I took my old GS tails out dremelelled them open and took out the amber reflector. Headlights I am very weary about. I can't afford new headlights, and I need the appearance to look stock w/ no fogging. =(

Old 03-31-2008, 10:24 PM
1st Gear

There was a diy on one of the forums, can't remember if it was on zine or this, but someone did a blackout headlight mod and they used an extension to take the headlights off w/o lowering the bumper. then wrapped the headlight housing in a damp towel and put it in the oven for a bit on 250 degrees(sounds crazy i know!) and took it out. then they were able to separate the lense from the housing. read through this thread and give it a shot. a lot of people used it and it works great.

Old 04-01-2008, 10:06 PM
1st Gear

I saw a DIY on clear corner in PDF file on google...try google it, but it require removing the whole front bumper...I live in a condo and unfortunately not possible for me to do it.. and yea you basically smack the reflector into pieces and somehow get those pieces out....

Old 04-01-2008, 11:28 PM
1st Gear

use a heat gun and a screw driver to pry apart the housing and then when the lens pops off just pull the amber corners out its real simple. just dont heat the plastic to much or itll get foggy if that happens sand it down alot again and again and then buff. most mistakes you can redo.

Old 04-02-2008, 08:14 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: hmwatkins

use a heat gun and a screw driver to pry apart the housing and then when the lens pops off just pull the amber corners out its real simple. just dont heat the plastic to much or itll get foggy if that happens sand it down alot again and again and then buff. most mistakes you can redo.
Im not one for errors so we will see. I actually just got a small house (excited)in Boynton Beach, FL and I'm moving there on Apr 24th. So I finally have my own little driveway and garage. I may try it then, if not I will probably end up looking for a shop that will do it.

Old 04-02-2008, 02:58 PM
2nd Gear

shops doing these kidsn of mods are hard to find ... but florida is a deff story then PA suburbs lol so if you find anyone forward me the info

Old 04-02-2008, 03:44 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: joetm

shops doing these kidsn of mods are hard to find ... but florida is a deff story then PA suburbs lol so if you find anyone forward me the info
I shall do that. I'll find a good shop down there, I have alot of connects down there I will find someone. I will let you know.