Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What To do

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 02:33 AM
1st Gear
Default What To do

I just bought a used 2000 A6 2.7T what are the best upgrades for the money i should do to it

Old 06-23-2006, 03:08 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: What To do

First thing you need to do is upgrade your knowledge base. A great place to start is a web page known as Stoney's Links (see my sig for a pointer). It's the ultimate A6 FAQ and resource guide. Do some suring and you'll learn a lot to answer the question yourself.

Next, you need to decide what you're looking for. More speed off the line? -- Chip the engine to give it more horsepower (and the transmisson if you have a tiptronic), than add a free-flow exhaust. Better handing in the turns? -- Sway bars at least, add coilovers and shocks to that if you don't have the OEM sport suspension. Better appearance AND handing? -- Some new wheels and tires.

What mods you should do depends on two things: What do you want to do to improve the car and how is it currently equipped. Current suspension level (OEM sport package or not) and wheels (16" or 17") will largely determine where you may spend your first dollars.

So, do a little reading, get an idea of what might make sense, and them come back with a more specific question (including details about how you're currently equipped). You'll find the forum people will do a lot to help you out.

Right now, your question is pretty vague and has been asked quite a bit already. Search & surf. Will give you some great ideas.

Welcome to the club! You'll have a blast no matter what you pick as your first mod.

Old 06-23-2006, 04:42 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: What To do

Welcome! I'm a new 2.7t owner myself.

I'm lookin towards an ECU upgrade, forge diverter valves, and an after market exhaust. I will do the DVs and the chip at the same time most likely. Troll this board and follow SouthBends advice and you'll be happy. Lots of great advice and info to be had for these cars.