Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what year did the A6 get LED headlights standard

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 11:34 PM
1st Gear
Default what year did the A6 get LED headlights standard

I'm looking to get an A6 and one of the features I wanted was the LED headlight strip in the headlights. I didn't know what year they actually started putting those in the A6. I read online it was in 2008. I'm trying to find a 4.2 and for 08 those are currently slim in the market. Does the 08 even have the led strip in the headlights? I'm thinking of the one that sits on the bottom of the headlight. I also noticed it may be possible to pick up some aftermarket headlights to get the same effect in an older vehicle that maybe didn't come with the LED strip standard. I'm guessing these can be picked up for most models older than 08's. Thanks for the responses in advance! I will continue to search in the meantime.

Thanks
BW

Old 05-07-2013, 12:46 PM
1st Gear

'09 for the LED DRL's

From what I have seen, adding strips in the actual headlight is not always possible. There are some aftermarket headlamp assemblies but they are only for cars which do not have the adaptive HID headlights. If the car has the auto-leveling and steering headlights I am not sure there is an option.