Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats everyone's MPG on the A6?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 01:34 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Whats everyone's MPG on the A6?

I typically get about 19 city and 23 highway. She's a guzzler!! But I love her.

Old 01-25-2008, 02:10 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Limen

I get about 16-17mpg in the city with my 4.2
so how exactly do you drive, because even when i drive easier than a grandma, i still can never get over 13.5mpg, ever. and that's measuring it by filling up an entire tank and dividing the miles that i drove on the previous filled tank by the amount of gallons that it took, so it's not my computer screwing up and being off.

Old 01-25-2008, 03:19 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: ungawa

ORIGINAL: WolfsA62.8Q

Yes, your information display is fading/ missing pixels... very common issue with Audis. As the instrument cluster warms up, the fading gets worse. No cure, except to replace the whoe cluster, lots of $$$$.
I replaced my cluster last year with a used one from a yard, old cluster was completely dark/ faded. Now the replacement is starting to lose pixels (lines of display).
Very possible.. but we may want to confirm with him that he doesn't have a blinking "2:00" where his mileage usually is before we send him to the shop.
i believe i do get the 2:00 i cant remember exactly but i think that was what it was! Anyway to fix this?

Old 01-25-2008, 03:27 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: dmasteR

Yes, your information display is fading/ missing pixels... very common issue with Audis. As the instrument cluster warms up, the fading gets worse. No cure, except to replace the whoe cluster, lots of $$$$.
I replaced my cluster last year with a used one from a yard, old cluster was completely dark/ faded. Now the replacement is starting to lose pixels (lines of display).
Very possible.. but we may want to confirm with him that he doesn't have a blinking "2:00" where his mileage usually is before we send him to the shop.
i believe i do get the 2:00 i cant remember exactly but i think that was what it was! Anyway to fix this?
Just push the button on the end of your winshield washer stalk and it will go away. That's just a little timer that says you've been driving 2 hours. You can turn it off or change the intervals it goes off at. (2 hrs is the default)

Old 01-25-2008, 03:53 PM
1st Gear

Ahhhh thank you, will do that next time i drive that long thanks

Old 01-27-2008, 02:25 AM
2nd Gear

10-13 city 20-25 highway ... damn that chip ... but its worth it

Old 01-28-2008, 04:21 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: dmasteR

Just push the button on the end of your winshield washer stalk and it will go away. That's just a little timer that says you've been driving 2 hours. You can turn it off or change the intervals it goes off at. (2 hrs is the default)
I always wondered why the hell that thing came on. Now I feel like a jackass lol.

Old 02-14-2008, 10:37 PM
1st Gear

WOW Im pretty jealous of u all. I don't know about all of you and if this is normal but my average almost never moves, it takes days of good driving to get it up. The highest I've gotten it is 13.9. Me and my baby are playing a game trying to get my MPG up, and whenever it does go up i feel so accomplished. Is this normal? I have a 01' 2.7t 82k miles. It is also winter and very cold here in michigan and i know that is a contributing factor to my poor mpg. I also had my battery die the other day and after jumping it and driving it i noticed that my mpg average was all over the place. It ranged from 12.4 to 15.5. It wasnt staying still like usual. My check engine light turned on as well. (DAMN YOU CHECK ENGINE LIGHT!! [:@]) I think it could just be the computer that needs to reprogram itself but idk. Anyone had a similar problem and is my MPG correct?

Old 02-14-2008, 10:57 PM
1st Gear

GDET09, 13.9 seems a little low. And yes, the severe cold temps will lower our mileage ratings. Have you tried filling it up, reset the all the readings and take it on the highway at a reasonable speed for a couple of hours, you should be getting 22-24mpg.

For the CEL, pull the codes and post them here.

Old 02-15-2008, 02:14 PM

Well the best I have seen was 28.5 mpg (Tip setting going on I-75 for 300 miles)I know it seems a bit too high on my A6. Thus I am doing a test and hopefully I will have the result by early April!

Quick Reply: Whats everyone's MPG on the A6?