Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 08:59 PM
1st Gear
Default Wheels

OK im not really sure if im posting in the right place or not..if not feel free to let me know. i have a 1993 Audi cs 90 Quatro, few things i was wondering about. Tires...i want a nice set of rims but dont want to walk into a store and get all the wrong advice, How do i know what size/kind of rims i can put on the car....also is there a good place to find parts for a 93' cs most of the places ive searched have not had all that much to offer for my model. Any Direction would be greatly appriciated....

Old 10-18-2005, 10:07 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Wheels

start by finding out the bolt pattern and the offset for your car. then look at the diameter of the stock tires. my suggestion would be not to deviate from that diameter that much. you can acheive this by getting larger wheels and a lower profile tire. also check out the width of the new wheels and tires to make sure you have no problems with turing or rubbing on bumps (this is also where your offset info will come in).

i'm not certain if the audi bolt pattern has changed since then, but all audi with the excepton of the tt, have a 5x112 fit; this is also true with mercedes (i.e. you can put mercedes wheels on if you want). that should be your first question in choice of wheels--what fits and what doesn't--and go from there. you also may want to post in the 'exterior' or 'classic audi' section here or in another forum to help find some nice wheels.

Old 10-18-2005, 11:55 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Wheels

Cool, thanks very much....i never even thought about the diameter thing....i just got new snow tires put on it and i did a little research, turns out my 90 cs is classed as an a4 with B5 chassis....so i am in the wrong section lol....learning as i go ....i did however get to drop the hammer in it today.....OMG.....I'm in LOVE!!!!!!