Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yummy 2.7T Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 08:42 PM
1st Gear
Default Yummy 2.7T Exhaust

This is probably the best 2.7T exhaust I've heard yet. Can you easily just remove the cats on the A6 so that there is a gap between the downpipes and the rest of the exhaust and have it sound decent / free breathing too. Also would it be hard to put the cats back on afterwords?

I'm a n00b so sorry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIe1ROTRBzs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfAxl...eature=related

Last edited by Stone825; 09-04-2008 at 08:49 PM.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:52 PM
2nd Gear

Yes, that sounds sick! no offence but it has been posted like 5 times because of that. I think that might be hard because the exhaust is all welded together, so you could have to cut the pipes. IMO, since you have a 2.7T, the best "exhaust set up ive heard is bsneed23's:cut out the center resonator and straight pipe it to two magnaflow #10415 mufflers. I also have an evolution motorsport intake kit with KNN filter, denso cold plugs, hyperboost DVs, and a Giac x chip. Here is what it sounds like.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RqHxu6Hh7M
He spent like 90 on the mufflers so you could get that and when you cut the exhaust off, if you like it, leave it, if not then do something like this. Ive never heard Remus on a 2.7T but it is expensive and this is cheap! what do you think?

Old 09-04-2008, 08:57 PM
1st Gear

that is andry's car, aka kievsky on audizine, I believe he has a full write up about the install, if not you can PM him and get the details, I believe it is open downpipes, x pipe(resonator delete) and magnaflows. You can not just gap after the downpipes, by open DP's I believe he means no pre-cats or main cats (ie test pipes)

Last edited by nothing77; 09-04-2008 at 09:00 PM.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:10 PM
1st Gear

Alright sweet so basically all I would need is...

- Get rid of resonators
- Magnaflow #10415 mufflers

How much will this cost / will it help performance at all (not like HP wise but just not restricting the exhaust as much).

Old 09-04-2008, 09:27 PM
1st Gear

it will help your car breathe much better, but to obtain the sound of the original clip you are going to have to either get piggy pipes or some other downpipes

Old 09-04-2008, 09:30 PM
1st Gear

Thanks I actually gave up on the first clip for now and am looking at the clip that was posted by 2001A6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RqHxu6Hh7M

Old 09-04-2008, 10:15 PM

Alright so this is a forum meant for everyone's thoughts. So IMO I think that was very gay sounding exhaust. I'll never understand why people want to make 4/6 cylinder cars sound like wannabe big block engines. Once again IMO I'm all about being a silent killer. Keep it as quiet as possible, yet make it as fast as possible.

Old 09-04-2008, 10:53 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by MNA6
Alright so this is a forum meant for everyone's thoughts. So IMO I think that was very gay sounding exhaust. I'll never understand why people want to make 4/6 cylinder cars sound like wannabe big block engines. Once again IMO I'm all about being a silent killer. Keep it as quiet as possible, yet make it as fast as possible.

Umm, not trying to make it sound like a big block. Thats as dumb as putting flowmastes on my car. This IS a forum to post opinions and thoughts but NOT to sh*t on peoples stuff. Some one might think stock sounds gay! Just say,"IMO, I dont like the sound of v6's but its your car and I repect that, I just wouldnt do it to mine." If you would post a responce like that, then I could respect you but with that crap, I find it hard. This is a forum for people who love Audis, not people who hate on them. Its not like it has a fart can on the back of it.

Respectfully, Matt.

Old 09-04-2008, 11:01 PM
1st Gear

@2001A6 - Since what you did to your car seems pretty much like what I want to do to mine do you mind me asking how much (incl. installation) did that setup cost you?

Old 09-04-2008, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by 2001A6
Umm, not trying to make it sound like a big block. Thats as dumb as putting flowmastes on my car. This IS a forum to post opinions and thoughts but NOT to sh*t on peoples stuff. Some one might think stock sounds gay! Just say,"IMO, I dont like the sound of v6's but its your car and I repect that, I just wouldnt do it to mine." If you would post a responce like that, then I could respect you but with that crap, I find it hard. This is a forum for people who love Audis, not people who hate on them. Its not like it has a fart can on the back of it.

Respectfully, Matt.
Coulda fooled me! And BTW I do love my Audi!

Respectfully,
Wes

Quick Reply: Yummy 2.7T Exhaust