Audi A8 This full sized Audi A8 sedan offers interior luxury and spaciousness comparable to any car in the full sized luxury sedan class

2007 A8L AC issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2016, 01:51 PM
1st Gear
Default 2007 A8L AC issue

My apologies if this was covered somewhere, but I haven't found it. I am having some AC issues. Had it in a local shop who specializes in Audi/VW and told no codes showing. These are my observations as of today:

on low AC blows "cool" but hardly cold.

right rear passenger vent on console seems to be markedly colder than all other vents in car (very weird to me).

My plan going forward is to make sure the system is charged up and not leaking. Other than that, I'd love to hear opinions..

In addition to this, I am having this exact issue posted by another member:

Originally Posted by butler2u
MY 2007 A8L AUDI has a continuing AC PROBLEM THAT AUDI MECHANICS AND OTHERS HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO CORRECT, WHEN DRIVING FOR MORE THAN 1 HOUR IN HOT CLIMATES THE BLOWER FANS BECOME VERY WEAK AND AT SOME POINT STOP BLOWING COMPLETLEY. WHEN YOU STOP FOR AN HOUR OR SO THE BLOWERRS WILL COME BACK BUT THAN BEGIN TO LOWER AGAIN AS WE DRIVE, BOTH AUDI IN NY AND FLORIDA SAY IT CHECKS OUT FINE SO THE PROBLEM IS NOT SOLVED. AUDI HAS NOT BEEN ABLE TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM BECAUSE USUALLY WHEN THEY CHECK OUT THE CAR IT HAS NOT BEEN RUNNING FOR MORE THAN THE HOUR NEEDED TO CAUSE THE PROBLEM. WHEN I TRY TO PUT IT ON MANUAL AND INCREASE THE BLOWER SPEED IT DOES NOT WORK.THIS HAS BEEN AN ONGOING PROBLEM FOR YEARS ESPECIALLY WHEN DRIVING FROM FLORIDA TO NY.