Audi A8 This full sized Audi A8 sedan offers interior luxury and spaciousness comparable to any car in the full sized luxury sedan class

A8 LED sidelights?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 02:38 PM
1st Gear
Default A8 LED sidelights?

Can anyone give me some advice on LED sidelights?
I have a 2007 A8, which I took to my local Audi dealer to have fitted some Canbus safe, no warning error LED replacements (bought from eBay Item number: 330415228256 )for my yellow looking sidelights. The dealer spent an hour trying to stop the car giving lamp failure warnings but eventually gave up saying it could not be done.
Can it be done with a simple plug and play lamp? and where can I get some?

Thanks

Chris

Old 09-24-2010, 09:48 AM
1st Gear

Hi

I have found some LEDs, they are 501 wedge bulbs on ebay. I treid to fit them to my A3, and they worked for a second (plug and play, no messing around) however, they turned themselves off after 2 seconds as the LED doesnt pull enough power and therefore the audi computer shuts the lights down. Very annoying as the bulbs i brough had resistors in them which i thought would sort this.

Stuck now, have you any luck?

Old 09-25-2010, 08:01 AM
1st Gear

Hi Mark,

no further progress on this, however, the led's that I fitted do work but they do give fault warnings. After speaking with Audi Technical support, I found out that you can only have led's fitted if they were specified when the car was new. I have started to think the only option to get white sidelights is to use the blue/white traditional type 501 bulbs.
Good luck with your search for an answer, If you find an answer let me know.

Cheers, Chris.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:20 AM
1st Gear

What do you mean by sidelights.
So far I know for absolute positive these lights can be replaced with LED's with no error code (given that you buy the correct bulb with the error cancellation)

LED Door lights (Lights that light up the ground beneath the door) $9.99 each 3 total.
LED parking Lights $7.99 each
LED licesnse plate lights $50 for the pair of two bulbs
All lights in the trunk can be replaced with LEDs. $9.99 each, 3 total

Old 09-28-2010, 04:23 AM
1st Gear
Default LED sielights

Originally Posted by Brozee
What do you mean by sidelights.
So far I know for absolute positive these lights can be replaced with LED's with no error code (given that you buy the correct bulb with the error cancellation)

LED Door lights (Lights that light up the ground beneath the door) $9.99 each 3 total.
LED parking Lights $7.99 each
LED licesnse plate lights $50 for the pair of two bulbs
All lights in the trunk can be replaced with LEDs. $9.99 each, 3 total
Hi Brozee,
sidelights are what you would call parking lights I think, where did you get yours and do you have a part number?

Best Regards

Chris

Old 09-28-2010, 08:40 AM
1st Gear

http://autolumination.com/194.htm

8th one down, the 1 LED one.
High Powered 5050 3 Chip SMT Leds

The 4 LED one is the one that you put in the door sills and used to replace the 3 different lights in the trunk. I'm saving up money or waiting until christmas to buy them all at once. Although I am going to buy the parking light single LED's soon, and have the indy shop install them for me if they can do it for real cheap while they do my oil change.