Audi A8 This full sized Audi A8 sedan offers interior luxury and spaciousness comparable to any car in the full sized luxury sedan class

A8 - Which MMI?

Old 05-11-2013, 03:12 PM
1st Gear
Default A8 - Which MMI?

Hi Everyone,

I did search this first and found a few different threads but still need some help.

I have an Audi 2011 A8 3.0 TDI.

I have purchased a cheap blue AMI cable which works brilliantly with my ipod classic or my IPhone 4s. Connection is under the central arm rest. I researched a little and then bought a more expensive red AMI cable thinking I could get video. All I get is this error message.

"an error occurred while trying to establish connection with device"

This comes up as soon as i plug the cable in.....even with nothing attached to the cable. Is the cable faulty?

I checked the software version and get the following info

HN+_EU_AU_P0160
8R0060884R ECE 5.11.7

Having googled extensively I cant find that particular software reference anywhere..... except on a german website which I had trouble translating.

Is my MMI 3G low, 3G high, 3G+?

Do I need to upgrade software or replace the cable?

It has a DVD player which works fine and two SD slots if that helps.

I'd appreciate any light you could throw on this

Thanks in advance....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.