Audi A8 This full sized Audi A8 sedan offers interior luxury and spaciousness comparable to any car in the full sized luxury sedan class

A8l mmi

Old 03-20-2009, 12:54 PM
1st Gear
Default A8l mmi

I have a 2004 A8L. Is there anyway to disable the MMI screen from popping up when I insert the key? A lot of the time I don't need the screen and it would seem that if I could disable the automatic screen pop, I would save wear and tear on the motor.

Old 03-20-2009, 11:41 PM
Site Moderator

I don't think there is a way to disable it, you can only hit the button on the dash to close it.

Old 03-21-2009, 07:00 PM
1st Gear

I know about the button, but that just after the screen pops up for the first time. I'm trying to change the default condition and save the wear and tear on the gears and motor.

Thanks anyway.

Old 03-22-2009, 08:16 PM
Site Moderator

Those motors will break regardless, and they aren't that expensive so its not a very big deal.

Search this Thread
Advertising
Featured Sponsors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.