Audi A8 This full sized Audi A8 sedan offers interior luxury and spaciousness comparable to any car in the full sized luxury sedan class

Air conditioning blows warm air and Door chime

Old 11-25-2007, 10:18 PM
1st Gear
Default Air conditioning blows warm air and Door chime

[align=left]When engine is warm and outside too and shut off the car, re-starting the engine within a few minutes, the a/c blows very unpleasant hot air for over 30 seconds and then a little cold air starts poping out. The passenger vent is the worst as it takes more than 1 minute with warm air to start cooling. All this with recycle mode.

Second point: how to eliminate the open door chime?

Your suggestions to overcome them, please.
[/align]

Old 09-12-2009, 12:08 PM
1st Gear
Default AC problem 2003A8(D3)

Hi therely , i have exactly the same problem and even worst the passenger side is constantly blowing warm air. Did you manage to solve the problem
Many thanks

Old 09-12-2009, 08:36 PM
1st Gear
Default has nor been solved yet

I still have the problem. The last dealer changed the evaporator and put more freon. Now vent #2 from left side is not so cold and when you re-start the car a lot of hot-humid air comes out of all the vents and is very unpleasant.

Will take it to the dealer again and will report later. Good luck with yours.

Old 09-22-2009, 04:08 PM
Default solution

guys i can help you narrow down this issue. im no car guru but i know from experience. ur either leaking freon due to a hole somewhere n your ac hoses or ac compressor. have your local shop run a check on it cost $$ (moderate). basically what they will do is run freon with dye n then check to c where the dye is leaking from pblm solved.

Old 09-22-2009, 04:11 PM
Default solution 2

if checking and discovering there is no leak in the ac compressor or hoses. have them recharge your system freons prob low.

you can check to see if your heater core maybe bad although unlikey still a possibility. way to check for this is feel if the passenger front floor is wet if so thats antifreeze and cost to fix $$$

Old 09-26-2009, 08:45 PM
1st Gear

They changed the compressor, charged the system, checked the hoses, and it stills blows very warm air for quite a while after restaring the engine. Is unpleasant and does not cool enough for hot weather.

Old 09-27-2009, 12:35 AM
Site Moderator

Do you own a vag com? Can you pull the fault codes from the A/C control head for us? The vag com is also the tool you use to turn off the door chime as well as seat belt chimes etc. www.ross-tech.com

Old 09-28-2009, 05:11 PM
1st Gear

I do not have one but according to the dealer, they solved all the a/c problems, so I assume there are no more fault codes.

Old 10-09-2009, 08:09 AM
1st Gear

I've been to the dealer today and i was told the problem is the duo water heater valves which is located next to the cabin air filter . There is no fault code on this part that is why the vag computer software wouldn't register it. The problem now is that this part can't be repaired and a new one cost over 500 euros . Did anyone ever tried to repair the valves

Old 11-13-2010, 07:17 PM
1st Gear

Have you resolved the a/c hot air problem. I have not.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Air conditioning blows warm air and Door chime