Audi A8 This full sized Audi A8 sedan offers interior luxury and spaciousness comparable to any car in the full sized luxury sedan class

Hello and help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 11:30 AM
1st Gear
Default Hello and help!

Hey everyone

I have recently bought a 2006 4.2tdi A8 and so far I'm loving it. Previous cars include the E39 530d(awesome car) and a XJR which stupidly quick.

I got fed up of running two cars and wanted the luxury and day to day practicality and there was nothing to match the A8.

I have a couple of issues but only one I am stuck on. On Saturday am it was running a bit lumpy when cold. When you pulled a way there was a small amount of hesitation. I did a 0-60mph test and it was about 8 seconds once warm. I tried it later that day and it was 6.7 and seemed to be running smoother. The lumpiness seems to have gone however when I let my foot off the accelerator I notice it revs up about 100rpm, it just doesn't feel quite right.

I've take the engine cover off and everything looks fine apart from a louder ticking noise from one of the injectors at the back. If anyone can shed light on this I'd be grateful. Maf is the only thing coming to mind but the idle is perfect. I have a vagcom reader on the way so I'll get fault codes tomorrow.

Old 10-13-2014, 01:40 PM
1st Gear

Post up a complete unmolested Auto-Scan and it will give us some ideas.

Otherwise you'll just be throwing parts at it and hoping...