Go Back  AudiForums.com > Audi Models > Audi A8
Help me choose which wheels to get >

Help me choose which wheels to get

Audi A8 This full sized Audi A8 sedan offers interior luxury and spaciousness comparable to any car in the full sized luxury sedan class

Help me choose which wheels to get

  #1  
Old 03-09-2010, 02:29 PM
1st Gear
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 47
Default Help me choose which wheels to get

I'd like to get S8 wheels for my '08 A8L. I'm trying to decide between the 2007 and 2008 S8 wheels. Which do you prefer?

2007
[IMG][/IMG]

2008
[IMG][/IMG]

These are the wheels I have now:

[IMG][/IMG]

Thanks!!
 
  #2  
Old 03-09-2010, 04:43 PM
1st Gear
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 203
Default

I prefer the look of the 2007 but the 2008 looks nice as well, just more edgy looking
 
  #3  
Old 03-09-2010, 08:05 PM
AWDaholic's Avatar
Senior Administrator
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Lotsa places, currently Metro D.C., USA
Posts: 13,574
Default

I say go with the 2008's. My beliefe is that the # of spokes should either match or be a multiple of the # of lugs. (5-lugs = 5/10/15/20 spokes)
 
  #4  
Old 03-10-2010, 12:51 AM
1st Gear
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 47
Default

Originally Posted by AWDaholic View Post
I say go with the 2008's. My beliefe is that the # of spokes should either match or be a multiple of the # of lugs. (5-lugs = 5/10/15/20 spokes)
Now I'm thinking about these since their a little more subtle.

[IMG][/IMG]

 
  #5  
Old 03-10-2010, 09:44 AM
1st Gear
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 203
Default

To Make sure you know, those are two different rims. The top picture is actually the rims I have on my car which are pretty nice, and I believe the bottom picture the A8L is the 19" not positive though but definitely two different styles.
 
  #6  
Old 03-10-2010, 09:46 AM
1st Gear
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 47
Default

Originally Posted by Brozee View Post
To Make sure you know, those are two different rims. The top picture is actually the rims I have on my car which are pretty nice, and I believe the bottom picture the A8L is the 19" not positive though but definitely two different styles.
Oh, I know they're two different rims. I like both of them. I think I like the first one better...
 
  #7  
Old 03-10-2010, 09:49 AM
1st Gear
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 203
Default

It's completely what your used to I think. I see the bottom picture rims and I'm like "why didn't my car come with those " , but yet again I own the other ones that's probably why. All depends are you buying these rims new or from a friend or how much you paying?
 
  #8  
Old 03-10-2010, 09:51 AM
1st Gear
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 47
Default

Originally Posted by Brozee View Post
It's completely what your used to I think. I see the bottom picture rims and I'm like "why didn't my car come with those " , but yet again I own the other ones that's probably why. All depends are you buying these rims new or from a friend or how much you paying?
My dealer will give me the 2007 and 2008 wheels at his cost which is really sweet. However, I like the older wheels too but I'm having a hard time finding any....
 
  #9  
Old 03-10-2010, 09:55 AM
1st Gear
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 203
Default

Ahh I see. Well if you have any questions let me know. Great thing with the rims that I said I have, is they don't seem like they are very rust prone and have less frontal real-estate. (The 18" have deeper spaces) As well as you get to get a nicer more cushioned tire on there as well. I suggest the Micheline a/s plus. I have them and they are very smooth and nice although very expensive.
 
  #10  
Old 03-10-2010, 10:43 AM
AWDaholic's Avatar
Senior Administrator
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Lotsa places, currently Metro D.C., USA
Posts: 13,574
Default

Originally Posted by Soundchasr View Post
I like the older wheels too but I'm having a hard time finding any....
There may be some HERE:
http://oemplus.com/index.php?main_pa...6d6d1273bca8e5
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help me choose which wheels to get


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.