Audi A8 This full sized Audi A8 sedan offers interior luxury and spaciousness comparable to any car in the full sized luxury sedan class

I just bought my A8 and already have a problem

Old 02-24-2008, 02:36 PM
1st Gear
Default I just bought my A8 and already have a problem

P0302 Cyl 2 misfire
P0137 low voltage bank 1 sensor 2. Sounds like an 02 issue to me, but I am very new to these cars. Guy at checker suggested plugs, but I doubt that it's it as to the second code. Allthough I'd be willing to give it a try. What plugs are recomended?

The symptoms are a rather rough idle and rough during low to mid RPM ranges.

Please help a newbie out. I look forward to learning a lot and helping out where I can.

Jesse

Old 02-24-2008, 05:58 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: I just bought my A8 and already have a problem

So I checked the plugs and they had a bit of carbon build up but nothing out of the normal. I replaced them because they looked like they could be replace even though I didn't think it was the culprit. I cleared the codes again and the P0302 Cyl 2 misfire came right back and the car still shutters a little. The odd thing is the P0137 code did not come back and I could not get it to come back. Any ideas what to do next?

Old 02-25-2008, 01:34 AM
Site Moderator

Most likely the ICM like i replied in your other post. Try swapping the ICM connectors and see if the miss-fire moves to a different cylinder. It should move to cylinder number 6 if it was missing on 2.

Old 02-25-2008, 09:42 AM
1st Gear

I tried swaping around the coil packs and the prob was still cyl 2. Where are the ICMs on this vehicle. I looked it up so I know what it looks like, but I don't have a shop manual yet.

Old 02-25-2008, 04:55 PM
1st Gear

Well good news and bad. It was the ICM I found it and the engine is running smooth as butter with no codes. I think it may actually be running smoother than before with the new plugs. The down side is driving around this afternoon my right from ball joint snapped. Luckily I was not going fast the damage to the fender is minimal. Needless to say that it's been a rough first few days in the world of thing Audi. Please pray that other than the control arm nothing else is severely wrong with my car! I would really like to enjoy it!

Old 03-22-2008, 11:21 AM
1st Gear

So the problem came back.... it's not misfiring, but it's throwing a low voltage code on #2 again. Anyone think I got a faulty ICM or could it be something else.

Old 03-24-2008, 05:58 PM
Site Moderator

I would have someone do an electrical check on all those wires from the ECM to the power output stages (ICM's)

Old 03-24-2008, 09:46 PM
1st Gear

Thanks for the reply,
What wires are you speaking of? Any chance you have a wiring diagram? I've got a dmm and am very comfortable checking myself. I just have not gotten my bently repair manual and vagcom yet so I don't have the diagram to look up what output block on the ECM I'm looking for. I could trace the wires all the way back from the ICM, but that would be a royal pain and, I really don't want to spend that much time out of my busy sked.

Old 03-25-2008, 10:19 PM
Site Moderator

You would need a tool called a pin out box (which you can't get) to plug into the harness where the ECM does. Without that it doesn't matter if you had the wiring diagram. The dealer is gonna have to diagnose this.

Old 04-01-2008, 02:35 PM
1st Gear

I can't believe I didn't think of this earlier, but could it just be the iginition wires?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I just bought my A8 and already have a problem