Audi A8 This full sized Audi A8 sedan offers interior luxury and spaciousness comparable to any car in the full sized luxury sedan class

O.m.g

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 01:58 PM
1st Gear
Unhappy O.m.g

i bought a 1999 audi a8 with 110000 miles on it. the car looks mint. i changed the plugs.(they were original) and not something is dripping from the engine. the garage says its the heater core (OH GOD) are there any links to show me how to do it myself? i am mechanically inclined. also i cant find how to replace the xenon HID bulbs. should i remove the entire headlamp? i LOVE the car but now its problem after problem. help me please anyone

Old 06-11-2012, 03:11 PM
1st Gear

Two things you will need to do most of the work yourself:

Ross-Tech: VCDS

Bentley Publishers - Repair Manuals and Automotive Books

Old 06-11-2012, 03:49 PM
1st Gear

i brought it to the garage next door because im not good at diag and this guy started throwing crazy numbers at me. $250 for sleeve clamps on ehaust then he said the heater core $500 labor, i just told him id think about it and took my car. does that bentley have EVERYTHING?

Old 06-11-2012, 03:55 PM
1st Gear

Bentley has everything, very thorough.
Kinda like a Hanes manual on steroids because Audi is so specific with procedures and specs.

Down side is it runs under Windows XP and older.
There are ways to make it work with 7 though.

If you need it in a hurry you can sign up and download it, or just order the DVD media.
Not sure about 99 - that might still be on paper.

Edit: You may also want to ask over the D2 forum on the "other" site AW. Very active forum there with knowledgeable folks.

Old 06-11-2012, 10:30 PM
1st Gear

thanks man.i think im gonna order the bentley and put a rush on it. im not always around my comp so the paper is perfect. thank for the info.