Audi A8 This full sized Audi A8 sedan offers interior luxury and spaciousness comparable to any car in the full sized luxury sedan class

Onstar VS. bluetooth cradle mod

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 11:13 PM
Default Onstar VS. bluetooth cradle mod

I'm one of those guys that has a 2004 Audi A8 and wants to use the FULL integrated phone feature/options that came stock with the car. I have a Motorola Razor phone and I have the older version of the "cradle" (GEN2 to be specific) and ive seen all the posts for the new version of the "cradle" (version "B") as well as talked to Jamie Cooper for his cradle mod(great resource) and im ready to pull the trigger and drop the $350.00, but using the "cradle mod"im limited to voice commands only and not using the MMI to the fullest. but does anyone have any experience with the ONSTAR service? I have Verizon wireless to work with ONSTAR and ONSTARsays it integrates with the MMI system as well, but cant do certain features like call waiting or checking voice mail. But i really want to use the full features of the MMI and integrated phone system.

Below is the back of the cradle for anyone thats needs/interested the info. (GEN2 my dealer says is the orignal cradle BEFORE "A" or "B" versions.)

Motorola v.60c/v.60t[/align][/align]
4E0 862 407[/align][/align]
---bar code---[/align][/align]
000132910 GEN2[/align][/align]
Sodoesanyone have some actual experince using the ONSTAR vs. the Cradle (and/or Cradle mod)and be willing to shed some light?

Thanks all!

Old 03-11-2007, 08:30 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Onstar VS. bluetooth cradle mod

Hey man go with Jamie Coopers mod. I got one a month ago and it works seamlessly. Anyone with an 04 A8 looking to get Bluetooth should be talking to Jamie. The product is great and he is a good guy.

Old 04-02-2007, 11:39 PM
1st Gear

I would love to do this to my car and phone. How do I get ahold of Jamie?

Old 04-03-2007, 12:48 AM
1st Gear

Jamie is Coop330 on this site. You can also check ebay. Search for Audi A8 Bluetooth. If he has them available they are on there.
You will love the thing.

Old 04-07-2007, 07:57 AM
1st Gear

Does anyone have a number for Jamie Cooper. I emailed him last week and did not hear back yet.

Old 07-13-2007, 08:33 PM

Has anyone heard from Jamie recently? I ordered a module from him, and have not heard back in a few weeks. We spoke a few times, he said we would ship June 29, but now no email response, and phone goes straight to voicemail.... Hope everything is ok, but would like to at least know whats going on.

The A8L is wonderful though!
[align=left] [/align]

Old 07-14-2007, 05:03 AM
1st Gear

I am still trying to connect with Jamie. Does anyone have an email or phone number? It has been over two months.

Old 08-03-2007, 03:59 PM
1st Gear

I have read many reports on various forums that you can buy the BMW cradle and use it unmodified in the Audi. I am going to take the plunge next payday and buy the BMW part. If it doesn't work, I will return it. The part number is the same.

Old 08-03-2007, 04:06 PM
par

I bought the cradle and bluetooth (almost $1000 altogether CDN) and although it works great using voice commands I wish I had the option of a directory on my MMI when I select the Tel button as with the newer A8's.None of that works.

Old 08-16-2007, 09:09 PM
1st Gear

I have a module that I bought from Jamie. It works great but I just sold the car but kept the module. Will sell it. Check the parts for sale area of this forum.

Quick Reply: Onstar VS. bluetooth cradle mod