Audi A8 This full sized Audi A8 sedan offers interior luxury and spaciousness comparable to any car in the full sized luxury sedan class

Parting out 98 A8

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 08:48 PM
1st Gear
Default Parting out 98 A8

Hi guys... I am a VW guy and picked up a 98 Audi A8 from a friend who needed $$$. Good 4.2. Complete partout if anyone needs anything, let me know. Thanks alot. Color is like a forest green.

Old 10-17-2012, 05:36 PM
1st Gear
Default Valence grilles

I’m looking for the grilles that cover the 3 openings in the lower valence of the front bumper on my 2000 A8. I wonder if your 98 has the same grilles as my 2000. If so, do you have all 3 grilles?

Old 10-18-2012, 09:08 AM
1st Gear

Sorry, they are the same but mine are missing....only things missing on the while car. Figures...

Old 10-19-2012, 04:24 PM
1st Gear

Nice of you to do this for your friend, parting out isn't easy but good news is there is a better way to do it... I have being selling parts and parting out stuff I come across for over two years. I used ebay for a wile but it is very expensive and there are major restrictions that will keep you from selling all your parts (plus you will fork over a large % of your sales for it ... it has been up to 18% for me).

Craigslist means an inbox full of the same questions over and over and 5% of the requests being actual offers, but still you are going to be wasting tons of time on unqualified offers sifting through to find the few that are serious.

I have listed two late models on PartingOut.com a site I found on another forum and it works much better if you are parting out a whole car. One big reason - you don't have to list every part. I list the top ten parts like I usually would but then the buyers use the Buyer Listed Part tool to list the other parts I didn't list that they want.

I have sold about ~$600 worth and have sold a sun visor, console, door henge, trim and it cracks me up every time. Never did I think i would sell those little parts but when buyes can list it themselves and then just say I'll give you X$ for it... ok! Illl take it!

Anyways trying to help us all out and get off the ebay craiglist trains cause they don't work and cost way to much time and money

Old 10-19-2012, 08:37 PM
1st Gear

I need the driver side turn signal lens that's next to the headlight

Old 10-19-2012, 11:44 PM
1st Gear

what color is the interior ?

Old 10-21-2012, 01:30 AM
1st Gear

I would like to buy your bumper cover. Please respond.

Old 10-24-2012, 12:49 PM
1st Gear
Default i need parts!

I need a passenger headlight and the corner light. Thanks

Old 10-25-2012, 08:33 AM
1st Gear

Sorry haven't responded, work is being crazy. Dalakian, pulling the bumper cover now. @brady b... where are you located ? $60 + shipping ? Josh A8 ... where are you ? $25 + shipping ? Let me know if I am off on pricing, do not really follow Audis that much. Thanks

Old 10-25-2012, 12:30 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by BackinaCorrado
Sorry haven't responded, work is being crazy. Dalakian, pulling the bumper cover now. @brady b... where are you located ? $60 + shipping ? Josh A8 ... where are you ? $25 + shipping ? Let me know if I am off on pricing, do not really follow Audis that much. Thanks
like I said, its a ton of work to part out a car. Wouldn't it be nice if all these messages of "do you have," "what's the interior" "how much" all answered themselves and these guys with part requests listed the parts themselves and you got an offer that you just accepted or denied?

once you get these part request filled I would put this on PartingOut.com to sell all the other 100 parts but without all this hassle

good luck

Quick Reply: Parting out 98 A8