Audi A8 This full sized Audi A8 sedan offers interior luxury and spaciousness comparable to any car in the full sized luxury sedan class

phone cradle

Old 06-18-2007, 03:29 AM
1st Gear
Default phone cradle

So the A8 that I purchased came with a Audi Verizon V60 phone. Well that's all and great, but I unfortunately have Cingular/AT&T PDA Dumbphone (8125) which isn't user friendly with the current cradle. I was wondering if anyone our there who is a current owner of a 04 A8 and is a current subscriber to Cingular/AT&T, just, maybe purchased a Cingular V60, added the phone to their current number and attached the phone to their cradle. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Old 06-18-2007, 10:54 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: phone cradle

Not sure exactly what you are asking, but for about $300, you can get a BMW bluetooth puck that replaces the V60 and will allow you to pair your 8125 with the car via Bluetooth. You can then use the sterring wheel controls, voice dialing, etc. to control the phone. I found the puck for cheap at www.morristownbmw.com. Search for parts for the 2005 745i then look under phones. Some will claim that the BMW puck has to be modified to work with Audis, but that is not true.

One caveat - your cradle has to be the "B" model. The older "A" model will not power the puck correctly. Check the part number on your cradle for the last letter - it has to be "B".

Larry

Old 06-18-2007, 07:58 PM
1st Gear

Thanks for the input. I checked the part and it does have the A at the end, so it looks like I'm in luck. thanks again

Old 06-19-2007, 10:25 AM
1st Gear

You have to have the "B" model cradle for the puck to work. You can get one of those from www.autopartsnationwide.com or www.vagparts.com. The "A" model cradle will not power the puck. I have heard some rumors that Audi will replace the cradle under warranty. You might ask your dealer.

Larry

Old 06-21-2007, 01:42 AM
1st Gear

Duh! Stupid me. I was so excited that someone responded to my post that I forgot that I needed the "b" part. I will take the advice and try to get audi to get me the correct part to correctly charge my pda. thanks

Old 06-25-2007, 11:39 PM

Hi,

I am about to purchase an 04 A8L and am looking for a phone to put in it. I DO use Verizon as my carrier now. I DONT care about bluetooth as I am more than willing to leave an phone permanently in the cradle providing that the cradle keeps the phone charged and integrated with the speaker and other systems in the car.

Are you guys saying that a stock Verizon V60 will work? Is this phone still supported by Verizon to the point where I might get my number put on it? That would be fantastic news to me.

On the other front, if this would not be possible, then can you please explain to me what a "puck" is? Is this a device that will fit in the installed cradle and bring me bluetooth pairing with a bluetooth phone?

Thanks for your help on this. As I said, I would be delighted to rev up an old V60 and leave it in the car it this would work!

Regards,
Hotsko

Old 07-04-2007, 08:08 AM
1st Gear

No, your stock V60 will not work. For a hardwired phone, you will have to find an Audi V60 that works with Verizon. Try nationwideparts.com or Ebay.

Old 07-04-2007, 02:00 PM
1st Gear

I have also just bought my first Audi. It is a 2004 A8L and I would like to use my bluetooth enable blackberry in my car. Can you tell me what the BMW part number is that you were referring to and will it work with various models of bluetooth phones.

Old 07-05-2007, 01:50 PM
1st Gear

Htosko - the "puck" is a small plastic module shaped like a V60 that plugs into the cradle and provides the Bluetooth radio connection with your phone. It fools your car into thinking that a V60 is plugged in, when it is really getting its signal from your phone via Bluetooth. Pretty slick. There is an Audi v60t on ebay right now if you are interested in a hardwired phone.

lp2003 - I don't know the BMW part number, but you can order one from www.morristownbmw.com. Just look under accessories for the 2005 745i and then select elctronics, then phones. You will see the module for the CPT9000 phone system from BMW. That's the one you need.

Old 07-05-2007, 06:13 PM
1st Gear

lgball - thanks for the info. When I looked under the armrest I do not have what I think you are referring to for the puck to plug into. I have something that is about 2 inches wide and 6 inches long with gold contacts about halfway through the middle. Can you tell me what I else I will need besides the puck?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: phone cradle