Audi A8 This full sized Audi A8 sedan offers interior luxury and spaciousness comparable to any car in the full sized luxury sedan class

Really? Are you serious?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 01:10 AM
1st Gear
Default Really? Are you serious?

I feel like I've been on here with a new costly problem every week or so. Is it like this for everyone else too?

Well, for the last day or so I've thought that I've heard a bit of a clunking on the front passenger wheel when driving over a bump. Then, a couple times during hair-pin-turns in a parking deck (while turning to the left) I heard a bit of a klunk-vibrate-screetch (the screetching being mroe of a tire chirp). Now, tonight, I pointedly felt the klunk over a bump, by the end of my drive home, from both front wheels. Also, I would say that something feels "loose" through the steering, though the cars doesn't have the most communicative steering in the world.

Now, I know all of this is a "could be a lot of things" sort of description, but I did recently (a few months ago) have the control arms replaced. It might be the jeebies scaring me (with all the recent repairs i've had) but I'm just taking it in to get looked at tomorrow either way. last thing I need is it dropping my front end or sending me into a swerve. Thought I'd still get your thoughts, though.

I'm beginning to think that this is much more car than I can handle.

Old 12-11-2007, 05:18 PM
Senior Administrator
Default RE: Really? Are you serious?

anybody who own an A8 NEEDS to set aside a set amount, each month, for teh repairs that WILL eventually come up. Have your guy check teh bushings (make sure it's not the same guythat did the control arms, the first time).

Old 12-12-2007, 12:35 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Really? Are you serious?

Yeah, I've actually been setting aside a pretty penny each month for the car's various forms of pending doom, but it's frustrating to see how quickly the "A8" account is depleted. Still, the car is quite amazing. I had the opportunity to show a 2.8 A6 why it's the top of the model-line this evening.

I brought it in and they found a loose bolt fastener on the sway bar link. Fixed it at no charge. Seems to have solved the problem.