Audi A8 This full sized Audi A8 sedan offers interior luxury and spaciousness comparable to any car in the full sized luxury sedan class

Seat ventilation problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 05:56 PM
1st Gear
Unhappy Seat ventilation problem

Hi folks,
My car has the ventilated seats but when I turn them on the light on the console goes on and stays on for 1-2 minutes but goes off again and there is no ventilation on either side (driver or passenger). When I turn it on I can set the ventilation level on the display screen but again, there is no ventilation and the light goes off after 1-2 minutes and the screen goes back to what ever it was showing before. I hate to take it to the stealer and pay $250 only for diagnostics apart from parts and labor. Is there any thing I could do to test what could e wrong?

Thanks a lot

Old 06-09-2010, 09:33 PM
Site Moderator

If BOTH seats really are not turning on, and the MMI is doing wierd stuff you pretty much have no choice but to take it to the dealer. It sounds like more a computer glitch rather than having two consecutive failures of vented seats. It will either have a fault code stored in the MMI (a/c electrics) or it needs a reflash which audi has plenty of.

Old 06-10-2010, 12:24 PM
1st Gear
Default Seat Vent F/U

Well, as I siad before, the MMI does what it's supposed to do meaning it displays the setting of the Seat Vent. Also the Vent light itself turns on the Dash turns on but there is no venting and all go off after about 1-2 hours!!

Tnx,
A.

Old 06-10-2010, 12:25 PM
1st Gear

Corrections;
1-2 minutes!!!

Old 06-11-2010, 07:09 PM
Site Moderator

Are you a new owner of this car? The seat fans almost do nothing, you can barely feel anything when they are on, just a hunch, but i think you're assuming its not working because you can't feel it? I've never had to fix those before, but i HAVE had to deal with customers that thought they were broken, when in fact, they suck at cooling your butt.

Old 06-12-2010, 08:17 AM
1st Gear
Default Seat vent Update!!

Thank you for the reply,
It is true, I never had a car with ventilated seats but what bothers me is the fact that once I turn on the seat vent for the first 1-2 minutes every thing seems to be in order in terms of the little light on the dash, the display on the MMI and so fort, but after 1-2 min. all those signs disappear and every thing looks like that the seat vents are off. I found an independent Audi shop close by, so he said he could hook the car to the computer he has and check it out. I will give it a try.
Thanks for your input,
A.

Old 06-12-2010, 08:18 AM
1st Gear
Default Saet vent. update

Thank you for the reply,
It is true, I never had a car with ventilated seats but what bothers me is the fact that once I turn on the seat vent for the first 1-2 minutes every thing seems to be in order in terms of the little light on the dash, the display on the MMI and so fort, but after 1-2 min. all those signs disappear and every thing looks like that the seat vents are off. I found an independent Audi shop close by, so he said he could hook the car to the computer he has and check it out. I will give it a try.
Thanks for your input,
A.

Old 06-12-2010, 08:22 AM
1st Gear
Default F/U

Thank you for the reply,
Thanks for your input,
A.

Old 06-12-2010, 11:18 AM
Site Moderator

Cool, triple post! That would be best, nothing on an A8 can be diagnosed without a vag com. Let us know what he says.

Old 06-21-2010, 06:22 PM

Im curious as well dont forget to report back.

Quick Reply: Seat ventilation problem