Audi Q5 The Audi Q5, aerodynamics have never looked so good.

AudiConnect

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 02:20 PM
1st Gear
Default AudiConnect

My TMobile Trial service just ran out on my 2015 Q5. At the time of purchase I asked if AT&T was an option because I am an AT&T customer for my wireless devices. I was told that that was not a problem and that AT&T was indeed supported. But when I tried to switch to AT&T (considerably cheaper because of my AT&T plan), I was told it was not possible on a Q5, only on an A3 and Q3.

My complaints to the dealer were met with "sorry, nothing we could do about it". Not good Audi. BTW - BMW offers their internet connectivity service without charge for the life of the vehicle. Not only does audio force a subscription service but now they require specific users. I'm very disappointed!

Old 04-14-2015, 03:02 AM
1st Gear

I went down to the AT&T store and bought a new sim card just by itself. When the reps there asked what it was for I just said its for an ipad I have at home and that I will call AT&T on the phone to activate it on my mobile share plan. When I got home I called 611 and spoke to the rep. I told them I wanted to add my ipad to my mobile share plan and that I already had a new sim card from the store. I gave them the new sim card id and then they added it to my acct for 10 dollars a month. Once it was all said and done I just popped the sim into my Q5 and the car lit right up with internet. Only downside is you will only have 3G data speeds as our Q's cant read the 4G frequencies on AT&T, only T-Mobile.

Old 04-14-2015, 08:46 AM
1st Gear
Default AudiConnect

Thanks so much for the information. Question - Did AT&T require any hardware address or other information about the device the SIM was being inserted into? You seem to imply they just wanted the SIM ID#.

Old 04-14-2015, 09:09 AM
1st Gear

When I went into the store, in order for them to give me the sim for free and add it to my acct right then and there, they needed the ipad's IMEI number. This is why I had to pay for the sim card (because I did not have it with me). When I called them and added it over the phone they did not need this. May be different now but who knows. The goal here is to just get an ipad or tablet of any kind activated on your acct and then just pull the sim and put it in the car. The ipads cost to add it to the acct is 10 dollars. If you had an A3 with LTE connectivity its cost to add it to your acct is also 10 dollars. The only reason they are squaking about this is because your car was originally on T-Mobile's network and they dont want to give it up to AT&T. IMHO this is just an act of switching carriers with your own device (ie. your car) which you should have a right to do.