Go Back  AudiForums.com > Audi Models > Audi Q Model Line > Audi Q5
Doors fail to unlock when touching handle while damp >

Doors fail to unlock when touching handle while damp

Audi Q5 The Audi Q5, aerodynamics have never looked so good.

Doors fail to unlock when touching handle while damp

Old 03-15-2019, 09:03 PM
1st Gear
Default Doors fail to unlock when touching handle while damp

On my 2015 Q5 I have been experiencing an issue when the car is wet/damp the doors cannot be unlocked by touching the handle, I need to use the fob instead. Not all of them act up at the same time, other times they are all out. I brought it by the dealer yesterday when it was happening and it was the passenger side of the car that was affected.

I am coming out of warranty and they have looked for this a couple of times at the dealer and they have yet to find an issue.

Any ideas?

Many thanks!

Old 03-16-2019, 12:53 AM
1st Gear

Since you've started this whole fix process of the doors before the warrantee expires I would or at least hope that Audi will honor the fix as a warrantee fix and charge you nothing. I wish you the best of luck.

Old 03-16-2019, 07:56 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by EARL99208 View Post
Since you've started this whole fix process of the doors before the warrantee expires I would or at least hope that Audi will honor the fix as a warrantee fix and charge you nothing. I wish you the best of luck.
Thank you - I was told the issue must be found prior to warranty end or I am out of luck, at least one of the advisors saw the issue with his own eyes so perhaps they will take it more seriously.