Audi Q7 The Audi Q7, beauty on and off the streets. Refined styling paired with power and advanced technology.

2007 q7 ecp & esp lights problem

Old 09-09-2013, 11:28 PM
1st Gear
Default 2007 q7 ecp & esp lights problem

Hi to all, i have owned this preowned q7 for over 4 months, 4.2, auto, roughly 38000 miles when i received it, took a couple trips over 800 miles long in the first month, it drove really nicely, on my third trip, i got the brake pad warning and low engine oil level, the motor oil was bought at store almost inmediately, mobil full synthetic, the pads i checked them and drove around with them over a month and couple hundred mile trips, i put new pads on it, didn't get the pad sensors, these are back ordered , anyways about a month ago while driving up a hill with a little rain the esp light came on, didnt think much of it drove home, and the next morning the light was gone, so a week goes by and the same deal happens again, only this time it stays lit, didnt want to go into the dealer, took my friends shop, and search around in the forums, some folks had similar problems and they cleaned air filters and maf sensors and that solved their problems, i did the same, the light remained lit until the next day, then it went out, fast forward to about 10 days, the light comes back on, only this time its accompanied with the ecp light, the tranny downshifting hard sometimes, and the car felt very rough as if the suspension was bottoming out, then the esp light would go off every once in a while and the shifting would be okay, the ecp light reamined on, i took the car to the audi dealer in my city, and he hooked up the pc to the car, and gave the diagmostic, 2 maf sensors were bad and the motor control module is bad also, the later at a $3000.00 cost, he erased some codes, but th ecp light is still on, i drove the car on a trip about 600 miles and it is driving fine, i don't want to spend $3000 on that module alone, not including labor or the maf sensors, if anyone has any ideas as to what other tests to run, i would greatly appreciate any help, and sorry for the mile long rant, tried to be a little thorough...

Old 09-13-2013, 09:29 AM
1st Gear

wow, i guess this forum is dead? i searched a bit before i posted, and didn't really find answers, i'll give one more try, anyone has had any problems like stated before, and before i go back to the dealer?