Audi Q7 The Audi Q7, beauty on and off the streets. Refined styling paired with power and advanced technology.

2013 Q7 Prestige S-Line

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2013, 05:07 PM
1st Gear
Smile 2013 Q7 Prestige S-Line

Hi everyone, it's been a while since I posted anything on this forum. Been busy with family and work, so don't really have much time.

Well, I am happy to say, I am a proud new owner of a 2013 Q7 Prestige S-Line. I had to part ways with my 2009 B8 A4 because of a growing family. The B8 was my first ever Audi and I guess that I don't have to say what kind of an expression it left on me.

OK, let me get straight to the point of my post. I am trying to figure if there are VAG codes out yet for the 2013 Q7. I am just looking for simple codes like DRL staying on when I signal and windows open/close with key fob and the code to close the rear hatch with the same button used to open.

I have searched for these codes, but I can't get a straight answer as to what system are the codes for. I believe that I have the new MMI system which is the 3G+Nav HDD system.

Thanks in advance for any help you guys and gals are able to help me with...

Old 06-30-2013, 08:57 AM
1st Gear
Question

No one???

This post been up for a week now and has almost 100 views but not even 1 response. Don't tell me that no one has purchased a new Audi with the new MMI system. I am finding that hard to believe.

To clarify the post a little more, since it has been a week already. I have a current update. I don't need a code for the DRLs. They already stay on when I signal so I don't need a code for that. I got the code for the windows open/close with the key fob. Tested and working fine. I just have 1 more code to obtain. I am trying to get the code and procedure to get the rear hatch to open/close with the driver door button and the key fob. I am not sure if this makes any difference, but the mechanic that is helping me with this is using VCDS version 12. Please don't hold me to this, but that is the version that I believe that it is.

Last edited by Jester008; 06-30-2013 at 09:00 AM.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:38 PM
1st Gear

I just purchased a sline q7 as well and I too would like to use the key remote to close the hatch...found it strange it doesn't work. Any luck with that yet?

Also, what is "DRL"?? Curious ...

Old 07-09-2013, 04:44 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Aud100
Also, what is "DRL"?? Curious ...
Daytime Running Lights. I didn't know that the signal lights are at the bottom and does not hinder the DRLs. I used to have a A4, and everytime you would signal, the DRLs will *wink*. (turn off to allow the signals to blink). I thought that it might be the same with the Q7, but lucky they're not.

As for the rear hatch, no one knows how to do this. Not sure if it is too new or no one here in the forum has Q7s.

Old 04-30-2014, 03:03 PM
1st Gear
Thumbs up Rear Hatch Closed!!!

This is just a quick little update for anyone that was interested in making their Q5/Q7 rear close with buttons.

I have to say, I finally got it done and I am loving it. I am able to open/close the rear hatch from the driver's door button and on the remote. I am loving this option that I added to my Q7, especially when I have a short wife that has to tippie toe to close the rear hatch.

Here are some scenarios...

I drive up to pick up my wife, my wife have some bags that she wants to put in the back. I click the button at the driver's door and open the hatch for her. After she puts everything in, she just gets in to the car while I hit the button at the driver's door to close the hatch.

I parked the car and open the hatch to get somethings out of the back. Hands are full with bags, so I leave the hatch open while I drop off the bags at the front door. I don't have to walk back to the car, with the remote, just hit the hatch button, like you would to open, and the hatch closes.

I paid less then $100 for this feature and to me it is $$$ well spent.

Anyone with questions, please feel free to hit me up...

Old 05-10-2014, 09:02 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Jester008
This is just a quick little update for anyone that was interested in making their Q5/Q7 rear close with buttons.

I have to say, I finally got it done and I am loving it. I am able to open/close the rear hatch from the driver's door button and on the remote. I am loving this option that I added to my Q7, especially when I have a short wife that has to tippie toe to close the rear hatch.

Here are some scenarios...

I drive up to pick up my wife, my wife have some bags that she wants to put in the back. I click the button at the driver's door and open the hatch for her. After she puts everything in, she just gets in to the car while I hit the button at the driver's door to close the hatch.

I parked the car and open the hatch to get somethings out of the back. Hands are full with bags, so I leave the hatch open while I drop off the bags at the front door. I don't have to walk back to the car, with the remote, just hit the hatch button, like you would to open, and the hatch closes.

I paid less then $100 for this feature and to me it is $$$ well spent.

Anyone with questions, please feel free to hit me up...
I'm very curious as to how you did this. I didn't think there was a way besides adding an aftermarket part. If you know of a way of doing it with only the VAG cable, I would be very interested. I'm also a little disappointed that my 2014 Q7 can open my windows and sunroof with the key FOB but can't close anything.

Did you figure that out as well or is it a problem with the 2014 only?

Thanks in advance.

Old 05-11-2014, 09:11 AM
1st Gear
Default To Ponch

In order to close the rear hatch of the Q7, you WILL need an aftermarket part. The part that I went with was a Bexpro module that installs to the rear hatch. You will need to splice in to 5 wires to make it work.

As for the windows closing, when I got my Q7, I was not able to open or close my windows with the key FOB. I had to use VAG to enter the coding to enable this feature and now I am able to open/close the windows and sunroof with the key FOB.

Hit me up if you have any more questions...

Old 07-08-2014, 11:13 AM
1st Gear
Default VAG codes for opening windows with key FOB

Jester,

would you mind sending me the codes and what to do?

thx

Old 08-07-2014, 11:19 PM
1st Gear
Default windows won't close

Jester,
I'm having the same problem. Window don't close, can't open lift gate or unlock the doors with the remote.
would you send me the code and instruction.
Thanks in advance,
Abel

Old 08-08-2014, 07:18 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by asrod1
Jester,
I'm having the same problem. Window don't close, can't open lift gate or unlock the doors with the remote.
would you send me the code and instruction.
Thanks in advance,
Abel

I would love to see the code also but if your FOB won't even unlock your doors, you might need to either change the batteries or replace the FOB all together. Unlocking the doors should work without additional intervention.

I have my windows opening, but as others have said, can't see where to code them to close them. If there's another area to code, I'd love to have this information .