Audi Q7 The Audi Q7, beauty on and off the streets. Refined styling paired with power and advanced technology.

ESP Light

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2014, 10:24 PM
1st Gear
Default ESP Light

Greetings!

(Preface: I did a search prior to posting this. )

2009 Q7 (US specs)

ESP light just came on tonight. Says to check owner's manual, which I did and didn't really find anything except an explanation of what the ESP is.

From my search, it seems like I need to replace the brake light switch? (But my ABS light is not on, nor to my knowledge, has it ever been on.) Is this correct? From what I read, it is a $22 part... is it easy to install?

Not worried about working on the vehicle as I have driven Land Rovers for the past 20 years, everything from Series 109's to Discoveries to Range Rovers. (Insert Land Rover Lucas "Prince of Darkness" joke here )

Thank you!

Old 12-17-2014, 08:13 PM
1st Gear

Hello Stevenmd....funny you should mention Rovers, I was considering getting a 2006 Range Rover HSE. I really liked the HSE but the mix of technologies scared me. So I got the Q7 and I'm happy so far.

If the brake light switch is your issue that would be great. Perhaps consider going to an auto parts store and getting it scanned?