Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

**Pictures** Wow... that sucked REALLYY BAD ***Fixed now though***

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 12:19 AM
2nd Gear
Default **Pictures** Wow... that sucked REALLYY BAD ***Fixed now though***

Ok... changing out hoses... the vac hose that goes from the FPR to the nipple on the underneath side of the intake manifold on the passenger side of the car.

the nipple on the intake manifold came off with the hose!@#%$

Is this hose used to pressure the FPR from the intake manifold? or is it there for another, more important reason? I cant imagine that it would be easily replaced. Particularly without removing the intake manifold.

So yea, the nipple is just like the nipple on the FPR... except now it isn't on the manifold anymore. does this mean no more boost? or does this just mean I need to pressurize the FPR from another source?

Old 10-20-2007, 12:20 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Wow... this sucks REALLLLLYYYYY BAD@#$^%@

Oh by the way... The HKS shroom came in today. pshht
go fcking figure that i get the hoses and the shroom and now my manifold nipple broke off. haha

Damn busted ******* nipples.

Will metal-set hold that nipple on?
Is this gonna be a reason to buy an upgraded Intake Manifold?

Nate, I need your input.

Old 10-20-2007, 12:44 AM
2nd Gear

**Update** I've got the intake manifold and fuel rail off now. 10 minutes isn't all that bad really. I expected it would take longer.

Silver Lining - Hoses will be much easier to change out with the intake manifold off. haha

Old 10-20-2007, 01:20 AM
SoCal Crew Member

^ god. this happens all too often to you

Old 10-20-2007, 02:08 AM
2nd Gear

**Update** Ok, for any of you that have been following this boost leak I have... you know that the hose I replaced to day and broke off the nipple.... has been covered in oil and I couldn't figure out why.

well now that the manifold is off... I found where its coming from. My oil dipstick holder tube is completely snapped off at the base where the plasic meets the metal tube.

Now since im in korea... i have no way of getting one of these... or pricing them. anyone know the porice of one of these dipstick holders?

I've never had an oil leak and never needed to add or service my engine oil unless I was changing the oil... SOOOOO... im going to cap off the tube at the break... and leave it sealed up until I get the new tube.

PLLLLLLEEEEEEEAAAASSSSEEEEE can someone find out the price of these POSs?

Old 10-20-2007, 02:24 AM
2nd Gear

[sm=headbang.gif][sm=headbang.gif][sm=headbang.gif]

-sigh-
Apparently ALLLLL my nipples are old and deteriorating.
Looking at the engine from the front of the car... under the right side of the intake manifold toward the battery... theres a decently sized black metal bracket with a solenoid of some kind on it. the solenoid part number is PA6-GF30 and it has a connector on it (looks kind of like the MAP sensor connector) and it has a 3.5mm vac hose that goes onto a BRITTLE P.O.S. nipple that ALSO came off with the hose. This one should be easy to repair, but I'll probably need a replacement solenoid eventually.

Anyone know what this is or what it does?

[sm=headbang.gif][sm=headbang.gif][sm=headbang.gif][sm=headbang.gif]

Old 10-20-2007, 02:57 AM
2nd Gear

The dipstick tube is a universal vw/audi part that apparently breaks all the time on every vw and audi. Mine was like $9+tax or something at a local euro parts store.

So the metal nipple on the intake manifold sheered off????

Old 10-20-2007, 03:20 AM
2nd Gear

Yea, there're two nipples on the bottom passenger side of the intake manifold where two 3.5mm hoses attach. One comes from that clusterfck on top of the engine (EGR crap) and the other from the FPR. well the nipple for the FPR hose came off with the hose so I had to pull the manifold off. Gives me a chance to clean it out real good and swap out all these hoses much easier. I'm just going to either re-tap the hole in the mani. and throw another nipple in there, or bore out the existing one very slightly and weld in a new nipple. should be fixed tonight though depending on how busy I get here at work (by the way, i pulled the manifold and all this crap off here in the parking lot at work. lmfao)

no biggie really. I was kind of worried at first... but now that the manifold is off... it looks like an easy fix with some sonic weld or metal set. The nipple really doesn't have to withstand much psi so it should be fine.

Old 10-20-2007, 07:06 AM
2nd Gear

I'd try to JB weld it back on... how does something like this happen?!? [>:]

Old 10-20-2007, 07:44 AM
2nd Gear

It's already back on now.
bored out the remaining nipple piece, and pressed the broken off piece into it with some sonic weld (putty style metal set)

this whole thing gave me a good chance to explore the intake manifold and clean it all out real good. It was hella chocked full of carbon deposits and whatnot. Plus, with all of this removed... it makes a complete hose replacement much easier.

Quick Reply: **Pictures** Wow... that sucked REALLYY BAD ***Fixed now though***