Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Air Bag Light...

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 09:15 AM
1st Gear
Default Air Bag Light...

Driving home at 3am one morning. It was -19 degrees on the information display. Airbag light came on, for no reason. I scanned it. It is for the airbag module. It wont let me clear it. Suggestions?

Old 02-07-2009, 01:56 PM
2nd Gear

I had the same problem. The air bag light would only come on when it was cold outside and go off when it was warm. Then over time the light was always on. $950 to replace the module.

Old 02-07-2009, 04:42 PM

I've seen sites that offer tools

http://www.lightinthebox.com/VW-AUDI...5-_p43003.html

and services to reset airbags

http://www.myairbags.com/?gclid=CJyO...FQdaDQodQBdJ1A

just a little skeptical of either.
I might try the tool though if it works I'll let you know.

Old 02-08-2009, 12:31 PM

good idea. i think ill buy the tool this week.

Old 02-09-2009, 05:02 PM
5th Gear

sketchy.

Dont think that could do any more than vag-com could. Got an exact code?

It might possibly be that the controller is bad. Pretty sure mine is, I have a light, but I can't access any codes. Light goes off when the interior of the car is warm. Crazy stuff. This would be something I'd consider 'resistor modding' to remove the airbag controller completely and avoid the light. I'm not really that concerned about having airbags.

Old 02-09-2009, 05:40 PM
4th Gear

950?!?!?! for an airbag module? efffff that, id live my life with a little suspense and play some russian roulette just wondering if it would just randomly deploy on me

Old 02-09-2009, 05:48 PM
5th Gear

hate to ruin the surprise, but the airbag is gonna deploy just as you put a very hot cup of coffee to your mouth. sorry.. :\

Old 02-19-2009, 04:11 PM
1st Gear
Default Mine has been on for 6 months straight...

I talked to a few audi shops around my area and every one of them says the same thing about my air bag light being on all the time. They say it is in the plastic clip underneath the drivers seat. to test this I brought it to one of the shops...unplugged the plastic connector and reconnected it. They plugged in the ecu and wiped it and it stayed off. It stayed off for a few months then i let my dad drive it who is much taller than me and moved the seat back. It set it off so i called the shop back and they said it was common in the plastic clips. Over time they weaken and break...he said it was a rediculous cost to fix it the right way but said with a zip tie and reflash i should be go to go. Ill find out soon.

Old 02-19-2009, 09:17 PM

Please keep us posted. Mine has been on for a long time too. I want to sell it so obviously I would like to resolve the problem first.

Old 02-19-2009, 09:49 PM

i noticed mine after a cold night. but if i remember right a friend of mine thought the wires under the seat readjusted the seat and he pulled them hard. i checked to for loose connections i think ill try again. too bad there arent any honest audi shops near that will just wipe the code for me.

Quick Reply: Air Bag Light...