Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Any thoughts on intercooler spray kit with NOS

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 01:46 PM
1st Gear
Default Any thoughts on intercooler spray kit with NOS

Has anyone considered using NOS with their intercooler? I know it sounds a bit ricer, but what would be the outcomes? I think it would be better then spraying directly into the intake manifold. In since our cars are turbo'd a 50 shot would actually be about a 65-70 shot. Its not a bad idea when its only $375 and you dont have the money to purchase a stage 3 from APR. It wont run your engine down as much either. Any thoughts?

Old 03-29-2007, 01:55 PM
Default RE: Any thoughts on intercooler spray kit with NOS

i think you have NO IDEA what you want to do to your car.

i think you're beating your own mod path that has never been taken before.

hows the cat by the way?

Old 03-29-2007, 01:57 PM
I'm make believe

there are some with nos ic sprayers but water/meth injection does a better job lowering iat, reducing knock, cheaper to run, and able to increase timing/boost.

Old 03-29-2007, 02:22 PM
1st Gear

The cats are fine because on tuesday I get the 42 draft design 3" downpipe, which Im so excited about.

Old 03-29-2007, 02:44 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: auditt225

The cats are fine because on tuesday I get the 42 draft design 3" downpipe, which Im so excited about.
Let us know how that works out. I wanna get one soon!

Old 03-29-2007, 02:59 PM

ORIGINAL: auditt225

Im getting my 42 draft design DP hopefully next wed and I wanted to know th ethe stock DP was difficult to remove? What are my best options in removing th estock DP. Thanks

ORIGINAL: rayveedub

installed on for a buddy not too long ago. great part. no secrets to the install just follow bentley procedure, its a pita install and NOT for the inexperienced or tool lacking. make sure you soak all the bolts with liquid wrench, snapping those bolts is very very bad.
Are you going to replace this yourself or are you going to pay someone else to do it? From your own previous posts you seem to have some troubles working on and even though unrelated,but still worth mentioning, driving this car. Rayveebub was being honest when he mentioned the install is "NOT for the inexperienced or tool lacking." Also just out of curiousity which oneare you going with: the GT28r, GT28rs, NOS or all 3?

Old 03-29-2007, 03:30 PM
1st Gear

Don't do it on the Stock intercooler as it has plastic end caps, get it up to temp and then hit it with nitrous and your done. WaterMeth is the way to go for some extra edge and lower temps.

I'll probably do it when I get my FMIC due to already having a Nitrous Express kit, but only time will tell, i"m definately doing the Water Meth, I'll run the Snow Kit, very recommended with the boost sensor, starts spraying at 4psi and increases the spray as the boost increases, could see up to 30hp at about 270 flywheel, that's a 225 modded.

Do the math, refils on WaterMeth could be as cheap as some Washer fluid if you buy the correct kind

Old 03-29-2007, 10:15 PM
4th Gear

Off the bat im going to say that i have a bias towards NOS in that i literally watched someone blow their engine, and it was because of repeated use... In saying that, im sure NOS will be a healthy little addition to your TT as long as its not abused. Put up another post after the fact as well as to whether or not you get it. If you do let us know how it goes!!!

Old 03-29-2007, 10:46 PM
I'm make believe

Last time i checked you cant blow an engine by blowing nitrous on the intercooler.

The nitrous goes on the intercooler, not nitrous into the engine.

Old 03-29-2007, 10:54 PM
4th Gear

I know, i think he did i direct shot through the intake?? idk it was on a honda civic but what i know is he had NOS in his car, used it a bit, then boom, drivin hard and that was that

Quick Reply: Any thoughts on intercooler spray kit with NOS