Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Audi TT or BMW 335i?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 02:16 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Audi TT or BMW 335i?

I don't necessarily think its about conformity or anything. You can make any car unique, once you get the feel for it. (although this will be a lease so he's limited to what he can do to it).

I like BMWs also (particularly the 545s and M5), but I think Audi's have a certain "Class" and pardon the loose use of the word... but they have some "sophistication" to them as well. I think other than just the driveability and performance of the cars... Audi's show you have taste, and not just money. Alot of BMWs you see are just the product of someone with money and not necessarily any taste or class. My two cents, take it or leave it. lol

Old 05-19-2007, 06:38 PM
2nd Gear

The 2.0T is several thousand less than the 3.2 and with all the new upgrades you wont miss or need the quattro. And you can chip it and the dealers wont know. If you look around on here and on the road you will see that the 3.2 doesnt sell well cuz you cant upgrade it very easy and its more $$$$. If you go with the 2.0T you might be able to buy the car and not lease.

Old 05-19-2007, 06:46 PM

I've had 3 series BMW's and now my Mk I TT. Granted, my 3 series was an E36, but it really is two distinctly different platforms you are asking us to compare. The 3 series is a rear wheel drive car, the TT is an all wheel drive car with a front wheel drive bias. The TT is a small coupe where as the 3 series is a bigger car with a completely different driving experience. I love BMW straight sixes. They are buttery smooth, have gobs of torque and handle on dry pavement like nothing else, but the new TT is a very nice driving car. I had a chance to go for a spin in a V6 Quattro recently and it was quite a nice ride. Price wise the 335i and the TT 3.2l Quattro are very similar. It's still apples and oranges though. Drive both and figure it out from there.

Old 05-19-2007, 08:54 PM
1st Gear

um even as an audi man,. Go get a black aon black 335ci coupe!!!! Go Now!!! its awesome. JK,its on my list of cars i cant quite afford yet.But the Audi is a whole lot more distinctive and has a lot of style, but the 335 has class,BMW class. its up to you my man, its not an easy choice. i wouldnt lease either of them though. BUY BUY BUY!!!

Old 05-21-2007, 02:44 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: neur0tic

I don't necessarily think its about conformity or anything. You can make any car unique, once you get the feel for it. (although this will be a lease so he's limited to what he can do to it).

I like BMWs also (particularly the 545s and M5), but I think Audi's have a certain "Class" and pardon the loose use of the word... but they have some "sophistication" to them as well. I think other than just the driveability and performance of the cars... Audi's show you have taste, and not just money. Alot of BMWs you see are just the product of someone with money and not necessarily any taste or class. My two cents, take it or leave it. lol
That's the point I was making. I just didn't go there. I was going to say something along the lines of yuppies with more dollars than cents or Bemmer's are like a-holes, everyone has one, but I thought I'd be diplomatic.

Old 05-21-2007, 05:49 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Stolzer Vater

ORIGINAL: neur0tic

That's the point I was making. I just didn't go there. I was going to say something along the lines of yuppies with more dollars than cents or Bemmer's are like a-holes, everyone has one, but I thought I'd be diplomatic.
Im sure you meant "more dollars than sense", but I get your point.
I am loving my TT, but I would probably rather have the new 335. It looks really sick, and 300hp is nothing to sneeze at.