Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Audi TT culture

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 11:47 AM
1st Gear
Default Audi TT culture

Today riding into work i bumped into a Black TT225 just like mine only his one wasn't a hard top. it's -3 still air temp out right now here. Too cold for a converible me thinks.
But when i pulled up next to her i smiled and gave her a thumbs up after pointing at her car and she smiled back and the light turned.
It's kinda interesting the TT culture or other non common cars.
you would never pull up next to another ford exploder or a civic for that matter and feel that kin ship you do when you run into another TT owner.

Old 12-07-2006, 12:12 PM
Default RE: Audi TT culture

I was driving alongside a coupe TT today and gave the guy a honk and a waive and he shot me the dirtiest look.

Of course I'm a "25yr old punk driving a euro sportscar."

He probably thought I was spoiled and my parents bought it for me when in fact I bought it myself after days of selling/convincing my fiancee it was a good idea. Of course the final pitch was that I'd teach her to drive stick so when the warm weather comes she can have my roadster and I'll drive her 05 A4 1.8T.

Looking forward to seeing more TTs on the road when the weather changes and people slow down to enjoy the drive.

Old 12-07-2006, 01:09 PM
1st Gear

Hmmm thats odd.
But then again i've only ran into a couple other TT's. they all seemed nice eough maybe i got lucky.

Old 12-07-2006, 03:43 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: BlackRaptor
It's kinda interesting the TT culture or other non common cars.
you would never pull up next to another ford exploder or a civic for that matter and feel that kin ship you do when you run into another TT owner.
Back in '99 I owned a '88 Porsche 944 (the only Porsche I thought that looked manly... lol). Driving it around I had other Porsche drivers honk and wave at me - so I started doing the same (in my home town of 300k+ peeps). Most were pretty decent only ran into a few snobs.

As for the TT there are 3 others other than myself and all three are pretty lame - there's this drop dead gorgeous blonde gal in a denim blue TT 225 (I hear she's the wife of a local surgeon) and she acts like she's driving a Lexus sedan with her nose at a 45 degree angle.

Honestly, I'm just having fun humilating the ricers and bumping heads with the 2 WRX's in town - one eats my lunch every time - the other I can beat cuz da fool has no skillz... lol

Old 12-07-2006, 03:53 PM
1st Gear

yeah around where i live there are very few TT's . i have seen two since i bought mine. i do know the culture aroungd certain cars. my mom has a MINI cooper s and those people are crazy, they always honk or wave. it freaked my mom out when she first got the car.

Old 12-07-2006, 04:41 PM
1st Gear

where i live in Northern VA, there are lots of euro sports cars, im not saying i see a ton of TT's but ive seen a good bit, not to be sexest but really on the guys wave back, and usually only 225 tt's and v6 models

Old 12-08-2006, 01:31 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: diehlryan

I was driving alongside a coupe TT today and gave the guy a honk and a waive and he shot me the dirtiest look.

Of course I'm a "25yr old punk driving a euro sportscar."

He probably thought I was spoiled and my parents bought it for me when in fact I bought it myself after days of selling/convincing my fiancee it was a good idea. Of course the final pitch was that I'd teach her to drive stick so when the warm weather comes she can have my roadster and I'll drive her 05 A4 1.8T.

Looking forward to seeing more TTs on the road when the weather changes and people slow down to enjoy the drive.

25... I'm 18 and you'd really think other TT drivers would give me dirty looks, but every other driver I've seen has waved to me before I could wave to them first. Men, women, old and young... but down south here people are always friendly anyways

Old 12-08-2006, 03:01 AM
1st Gear

im only 19 and i live on LI. i was at the mall a couple days ago, i park and go in and when i come out there is a tt on each side of me. kinda gives you that warm fuzzy feelin, lol. where i live there are a lot of fast cars but the only people who ever try to race me are cobalt ss, and mustangs, and camaros. i have pretty much smoked any car that has come at me. plus my car is running weird and really only makes about 7psi unless i slam it to 6500 rpms in which case i can make 10psi. just goes to show you that the driver does make the difference some times.

Old 12-08-2006, 03:02 AM
1st Gear

ughh, now i wanna go race.

Old 12-08-2006, 05:14 AM
1st Gear

yea im only 18 living in TX and today passed by 4 other TTs (badass) yea we all waved at each other it was great haha

Quick Reply: Audi TT culture