Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Audi TT Cylinder 3 misfire/possible wiring harness issue?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 08:19 PM
1st Gear
Default Audi TT Cylinder 3 misfire/possible wiring harness issue?

I posted on here before about my 01 TT having a cylinder 3 misfire. The CEL is on and the car has a bad miss. I replaced the plug and the coil but it still had a miss and the CEL on. I took it to my mechanic and he told me that a common reason why it is happening is because the wiring harness is melted.

He took the engine apart and showed me the wiring harness was showing some cracks and exposing the actual copper inside the wire. He told me it couldn't be taped and needed to be replaced. He also told me not to buy a used one because if someone is selling a used one it is probably melted as well.

I just want to know if any of this makes sense or if my problem is not related to the wiring harness. I have heard that it could be an injector issue or a ECU problem as well. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Old 12-08-2009, 10:24 AM

Hey my 00 TT had a bad misfiring problem I did the samething changed the plugs and coils and did not change anything I went to autozone they told me the list of thing wrong with my car and whatnot then took it to my local shop and they said it was the MAF. I never thought of that because mine was only a year old.. But the car runs great no more misfires...