Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Audi TT Transmission Jerking!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 08:59 AM
Default Audi TT Transmission by texas junkyards

If you want a good selection id try a parts locator. One place that can find you a good short or long block for a Audi TT transmission is TEXAS Junkyards, Junk Yards in TEXAS TX salvage recycler. They have a link somehow to multiples of thousands of recycling centers and will locate the best one for you.

Old 12-18-2010, 01:49 PM
1st Gear

I have an 03 audi tt fwd auto that has the same issue. Anyone figure know what is the issue?

Old 01-18-2011, 04:36 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by RagdollOp
I have an 03 audi tt fwd auto that has the same issue. Anyone figure know what is the issue?

I am also have the same issue with my 03' TT, automatic transmission. jumps very hard when switching to 2nd and 3rd. It started out very small, slight jerks, occasionally about 6 months ago. It now happens about 90% of the time, but especially when when going slow through town. We are going to start with transmission fluid (although "lifetime"...yeah, right). Friend that works at an Audi dealership has told me that OFTEN the Valve Body has to be replaced... $1200 part + labor.

Any insight on this would be helpful!

Old 01-18-2011, 09:50 PM
1st Gear

I had same on my 2005. It was the valve body. Service manager told me $1200 + labor as i recall, but then zero for me due to being under warranty.

cheers.

Old 01-20-2011, 06:01 PM
1st Gear

My 03 TT had the same problem about a year and a half ago. It started out when shifting from 2nd to 3rd the car would shake (at first only when cold and then eventually all the time) and then later on it would jerk very badly downshifting into 1st gear. I had the trans oil changed at a local shop (twice because the pan didn't seal up properly the first time) and I think its been resolved. I've put probably 18k miles on since and its been fine. I feel some very slight shuddering on rare occasions but I think it probably falls within the normal limits of being able to feel the car shift and i'm just overly sensitive to it.

Last edited by BMF!; 01-20-2011 at 06:10 PM.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:05 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by yvonnejim
I bought a used 03 1.8 Automatic and I get quite a bit of a jerk when
it automatically shifts from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd. Dealer says
this is the wave of the future, the latest in auto transmissions.
Someday soon they will all behave this way.

Anybody have this problem, or is this guy correct? My first Audi, so I
don't know what to believe.
you should of received a recall letter explains this exact problem. Mine goes in next week something's wrong w/ the clutch in the automatic. Hope u get yours.
TW
'08 TT

Old 01-31-2011, 11:01 PM
1st Gear
Angry

Originally Posted by timwat1972
you should of received a recall letter explains this exact problem. Mine goes in next week something's wrong w/ the clutch in the automatic. Hope u get yours.
TW
'08 TT

You actually have an '08, the thread has been mostly focusing on an '03. Do you know if this applies towards 03 as well? I have gone to the government recall site, but there are no recalls on the 03 at all. Even the ignition coil recall that i just had fixed last year no longer shows. I will cross my fingers on this, but i have a feeling i will be out of luck. I will also call Audi and see what they say. Good luck on yours being 100% fixed. Once i get mine fixed, i will put the top down for one more summer and than sell it (although i am in love with my cute little TT). What a nightmare of a car!! Only owned it just over a year and been in shop more times than i can count.

also, mine tends to do it 100% of the time once the car is good & warm, after driving it for about 15 minutes or more.... i am scared to even drive it!
Thanks for your earlier reponse!

Old 02-09-2011, 02:40 AM
1st Gear

I just bought a '03 TT Automatic / Tiptronic and I had the same problem, but not always, and now I think the transfer will not work. Let me know if you solved the problem and how. Thanks!

Old 02-10-2011, 12:45 PM
1st Gear

way off topic! cincy tt is a dick in about every thread i see him/her in. rarely ever gives good advise. more likely to tell u what ur doing wrong. ...wonder what he will say about this one

Old 02-14-2011, 09:28 PM
1st Gear

I haven't been able to get my car in yet to get the transmission fluid changed but I plan on doing that first and if that doesnt work than I plan on sending it to a shop to rebuild the valve body.
Anyone, else fixed this issue?

Quick Reply: Audi TT Transmission Jerking!!